Sux

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Taras

Sux

Post by Taras »

Got rearended this morning on the way to work. Was stopped at the traffic light, light just turned green, I still had my feet on the clutch/brake, just got into the first gear.....wham!!! I don't know how fast the beotch was going, but felt like over 30kph. Unfortunately, I did not see where she came from, whether she was stopped behind me and just dropped the hammer or moved from the other lane at speed and saw green, but not the line of traffic. I was about 5-7th from the intersection. I've heard something snap in my neck, it's bad as it is, getting sore and crackly all the time, and then this. Fook. I could not move for a while. She comes to me, apollogizes and tells me that we need to exchange the info and move on. I told her to call 911. Eight cops, two ambulances and a fire truck later. Was on main hwy, so flet bad for people being held up. Took to my bodyguys today. Bumper pushed-in offset, bent subframe rail, subfloor all squished, bumper cover is trashed, so is a re-bar. Arghhh. The worst of all, I am very, very sore, my whole back, had a headache whole day too. Glad I was not on a bike though. Not looking for sympathies, just watchout for idiots on the roads these days. Fook.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

AHH thats horrible man.. ur poor car and poor u!!! i dunno about bc but here in alberta u can get a nice settlement for all the pain u've suffered after suing the crap outtta her

best of luck man get better!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Awe that sucks, T. Man you had the rear bumper repainted before the annual meet. What a dumb-a$$ biatch.

Hope you're feeling better, I'll give you a shout thursday night.

i dunno about bc but here in alberta u can get a nice settlement for all the pain u've suffered after suing the crap outtta her
Depending on the insurance company, it can either get settle quickly or drag on for quite sometime before you'll ever see a settlement. My sister's still waiting on her settlements from the insurance company and it's been quite a few years now. She's had some neck and back pain from other drives rear ending her car.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

sorry to hear that. hope you arent hurt too bad. nothing like back and neck pain, ive been t-boned and rear ended by a big truck.
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Sorry to hear about that T. I'm sure any insurance settlement will fix you up, but the pain won't go away as quick as you would like. Rest up.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

OMFG That's terrible. I'm glad that it was not any more serious than it was. I hope that there is no perminant damage in your neck. That can tend to bother you for quite some time. There are so many stupid drivers on the road today. You wonder how they go through day to day life without killing themselves. It seems like most of the time, they're the ones that ingury people and get out of it without a scratch. Here in Alberta it's worse because they all drive big SUVs and Trucks. I've had so many close calls in the last week because people in rush-hour refuse to let me in when merging and I damn near crash into the barricade.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Taras

Post by Taras »

Thanks guys.

Went to ICBC today, they are also amazed how hard she hit me. Bumper will be new, so will be a re-bar. I'll get fixed alright. Starting on Monday. The interesting thing that I found today at the insurance place is that the car that hit me had a licence plate off a different car (Ford Explorer - glad she was not driving that one) that belonged to the driver and her husband. But the actual vehicle was registered to a different person, who's address was "ABC Motors" in a nearby city. My conclusion is that the "ABC Motors" person gave the car to the driver as a loaner or they were trading that Explorer, or whatever, but I would suppose both parties must have known that the plate swap was gonna happen. Both are dumb, as this is illegal. The driver got a call right away form the adjuster as I was sitting there. They have not even reported the accident yet. Anyway, I think both the owner and the driver are pretty screwed. I can't believe people are so dumb to do that and risk being sued personally. The implication for me is that I was hit by an uninsured vehicle and it is not good. Although I have an uninsured motorist protection, it is limited apparently. My lawyer will tell me tomorrow. Doc today gave me a reference to a physio. Says that usually it takes up to two months to naturally recover, unless it is bad. We'll see. I take baths now (feel like a girl) and sleep on the floor. The crappy part now, is that I am holidays starting August, can't ride my bike, can't go on a 3 day hike I was planning and can;t lift anything heavy. I am glad it was not worse though and hope it never happens to anyone else. TT
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

That totally sucks Taras. I hope things work out for you and your ride. Post up if there is anything we can do to help you and your ride :) Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Any other parts on the rear of your car that need replacing ( for now ) that are not covered? Perhaps we have something you need :wink:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

That really sucks I hope you feel better soon, and I have my old car sitting at my house, and the back end is still good so let me know if you need anything.

-Jen
Taras

Post by Taras »

Insurance is buying everything new, although I could care less if they replace with good used stuff, but you know, they have to fix it "properly". I'll take it in on Monday to my body guys. Thanks all. Always sux when another Mx gets hurt. I am just glad that it's not a write-off.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Sounds a bit light-hearted, but I'm glad you're not a write-off.

Take care, get lots of rest, and see the chiropractor and massage therapist lots!
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I don't know how I missed this. Good that your still walking. Hopefully nothing permanate will come from the neck injury. Also lets hope the car will go straight down the road again without any problems...
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Sorry to hear about your car. But glad to see you are doing well. It will take time to recover.

I say SUE THEIR a--!!

because your back and neck will not be the same for a while and they should pay for any theory and stuff like that.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”