I need Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matt

I need Help

Post by Matt »

Ok lol. The background story.

I bought a mx3 with a blown head, Paid $500 CAN. I paid a guy (mechanic) $1500 to buy and install a KLZE. Now, He said at the time it will need a new front axle. He said he replaced the driveshaft. Now once I got it home and after further inspection we found that the fuel lines are bent badly, more or less causing really bad fuel milage (Full tank 250 km). Also the 'Check Engine' light is on. We came to the conclusion its bad grounding.

On my way home today we heard some noise passenger front tire. My buddy says it is probably the axle. Im not sure. 50km more the engine starts this knocking / ticking noise. Almost feathering the sound. My analogy i could think of is if you hold a peice of paper out the window while your driving. that vibration but a ticking / knocking sound.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?

I drove 5th gear, 75 km/h home from where this happened. I cant start the car without a realy loud noise.

My uneducated guess is that it is the pistons because when I rev the engine it gets louder and faster.

Someone please help. Will reward if you solve it. via paypal
Matt

Post by Matt »

Oh and my power steering pump blew the day I got it back from the installation w/ the KLZE. I have been driving two weeks w/o power steering.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

well at this point in time im surprised you have'nt seised the
power steering pump and broken the belt.

which also drives the water pump :)

Sounds exspensive to me so far :)

what intake system are you running?
What ecu?
KLZE swaps an't that pulg and play and a number
of gremlims do creap in.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i must correct there,, klze swaps are almost compete bolt on.. just buy the curved neck, swap ecu and vaf? and ready to go. yes problems will still be there as far as little sensrs and all.. not hard to fix. I 100% rewired all of my front end and was successfull at it.took me 2 weeks of carefull diagram reading and comparing connectors.
Last edited by hgallegos915 on July 24th, 2006, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Should of done the swap yourself...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Si1verBullet

Post by Si1verBullet »

Does this sound like "pinking" engine knocking ?

KLZE is high compression, so a lean mix /low octane fuel will cause pinking.

If the fuel lines are bent it will restrict flow which will cause a lean condition which could be causing the pinking.

I would advise being very careful - if this is pinking it will destroy your cylinders/rings very quickly.

Look at the spark plug in a strong light. If you can see little spheres of aluminum on the spark plug its probably pinking. Its is quite hard to tell the difference from a normal gray spark plug with deposits on to a damaged engine except in extreme cases. so best is too compare to another ze spark plug.
97' UK V6, Standard.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

How in the hell do bent fuel lines cause bad fuel milage??? :roll:

Just from everything you put in your post, I can say you have no business ever opening your hood. Nor anyone you know. Find someone who knows what the hell they're talking about to look at it.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

#1. Get the fuel lines fixed. SB could beright, but we hope not since a lean condition is pretty serious once you hear engine noise from running lean.
#2. Did the PS pump break or did the fluid run low? Check and let us know. In any event, you need to either find the leak and fix it or replace the pump. PErhaps a used one at this point would be ok since you just spent so much money on the car and wouldn't want to replace a PS pump if the motor is bad.
#3. The check engine light could be from several things. a wrong computer (since the Ze computers are so hard to find he might have used a DE computer). no EGR since the ZE does not come with EGR, but the car is wired for it. Or he used a DE and not a ZE and is using the K8 computer.

Check your oil level and see if you can find any big leaks if it is low. That could cause some ticking. Check to see if the passanger axle was the one replaced. You would hate to get mad at the mech if he replaced an axle, just not the drivers side.

Lastly, go see the mech who did the work and ask him to help diagnose the problems for free since he did all the work and you are now having all these problems.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Matt

Post by Matt »

ok to respond to all this

The power steering pump didnt blow theresay. We turned hard right and a hose popped off that the mechanic didnt clamp down.

The oil is topped up

To the jackass who sai di shouldnt open a hood, it get a full tank for 300km. thats s---. the return line (i think) is rusted and bent badly. it does need replacing but i dont know if its a direct cause of the fuel milage.

Yes im running the DE computar atm. i am looking into getting a new ECU and MAF.
Matt

Post by Matt »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... %60s+wrong

Thats just about the identical thing mine soudns like

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”