Glass Headlights

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
mx3speeder

Glass Headlights

Post by mx3speeder »

Can anyone help me on where I can find and buy a set of glass headlights. And how much much would they cost me.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Glass Headlights

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3speeder:<BR><STRONG>Can anyone help me on where I can find and buy a set of glass headlights. And how much much would they cost me.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> You can only find them in Europe. Not in the states or Canada.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mx3speeder

Post by mx3speeder »

So is there a way to buy the ones in europe? If so who and where.<P>thanks<BR>Dave
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

why would you wanna buy glass lights!!<BR>i seriously dont see any point in it eh! just go ahead and order a pair of new ones from the dealer,!! instead of paying lots of dough on the light and its damn shipping eh!<P>anywhoz, thas my opinion, latez
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if you buy them from the dealer, they still give you plastic headlights but they are clean, they will get dirty of course though. im having glass lenses made at a glass shop. $40 each lense.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>if you buy them from the dealer, they still give you plastic headlights but they are clean, they will get dirty of course though. im having glass lenses made at a glass shop. $40 each lense.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm thats a good idea, do they just re-seal the new glass lense on to the housing for you or do you have to re-seal the lense yourself?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

actually im planning to reseal them myself with some type of clear silicone, but if the glass shop is willing to do it for a good price ill let them do it. im just worried about it fogging up inside.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>actually im planning to reseal them myself with some type of clear silicone, but if the glass shop is willing to do it for a good price ill let them do it. im just worried about it fogging up inside.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>when you seal them up you should fill them with nitrogen gass, it evaporates the moisture in the headlight this will stop the fogging, but they have to be air tight or more moisture will get in.<P>most auto shops that do A/C work will have it because we use it to test for a/c leaks
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mx3speeder

Post by mx3speeder »

Thanks to all who replied! I'm a dealer at a mazda dealership so I can get new plastic ones for a good price I was just wondering if glass was available and if so where and how much.<P>Dave
Stan W.

Post by Stan W. »

I also am interested in alternative solutions to the stock headlamp assemblies. At $250 each , the Europian headlights (with seperate glass lenses)seem to be a good option. If anyone out there knows how to get a pair please let me know.
Stan W.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”