WIRING PROBLEM: DON'T HAVE HEADLIGHTS!!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
bluey

WIRING PROBLEM: DON'T HAVE HEADLIGHTS!!!

Post by bluey »

Okay, I was looking for a Haynes manual for Mazda MX-3 PRECIDIA but couldn't find one.

PROBLEM: When I turn the switch to turn on the lights the dashboard clock gets dim and I have no headlights, also my left turn signal flashes fast. I checked all the bulbs and none of them are burnt out, which leaves me to believe it is a loose wire or something is not grounded, in addition my left front speaker does not work.

Any suggestions????????
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

ok your speaker is the easy part
1. do you have a after market radio if so pull it and check the wires
2. if wires ok pull speaker and check conection and if speaker is good

as for your lights have you checked all your fuses under the dash and under the hood also try new lights anyway just in case it is the bulbs.

as for your turn signals there corroded get some sand paper and clean the insides (fronts) check your rear light to make sure they aren't leaking water in them if so sand paper clean them to.

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Check the online manual and see if there is a relay for the headlamps. I know there is one for the blinkers so there might be one for the headlamps too. If so that could be the culprit.
However, with that said I don't think there is one if memory serves me correctly.
Check to see if you have voltage at the bulb holder. If not start wotking your way backward tword the swtich until you find a spot that does have voltage. Then you know that the problem is somewhere in front of where you are at.
Electrical problems can be a PITA and without someone who really knows the MX-3 wiring you are going to have to do it the hard way.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the headlight relay is under the dash right above your feet (driver's side)

easy way to check is to turn on your lights if you hear a relay clicking (after the one click for your running lights) then it's not your relay if you hear nothing then good chance it's your relay. if thats the case under your hood above your battery you'll see 2 relays these are for your day time running lights ( all they do is flash your highbeams very quickly so you have lights during the day) useless rip them out and vola you have two new relays and your headlights will last longer

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”