Need quick advise for the track this weekend!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2.5mazda

Need quick advise for the track this weekend!

Post by 2.5mazda »

First of all, WHATS UP? Havent been on in a few months or more, Lost my liscense and I was working 12 hour days 6 days a week for awhile. Anyhow, I am back, and with a question...

I am looking to get optimum performance out of my ZE and have determined that my VRIS system is broke, the silynoids are junk. My car has been running with them both SHUT at all times, is this:

bad for the car?

How much HP am I losing running them closed? It seems to run no better than a DE, and bogs after shifts, is this the reason?

I know keeping them wide open isnt the best, but shouldnt it be better than having them all closed? If so, what might the difference be? What is the best way to hold the mopen/ easiest? The car pulls hard in 1st gear, If I am at 3000 RPM's in 1st and ease into the throttle it breaks the tires loose... but then dumps in second. I am needing to do somthing tonight, so let me know guys!
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

u can lose a nice chunk of power with the vris closed...i dunno i think itd be better to have them open especially at the track.. not much to do for the track..
spark plugs, let some air out of ur tires (20pis shou;d be good) and practice ALOT maybe even verify WOT
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Oh I have the WOT set so I can hear it click as the pedal hits the floor, I usually run 15psi, and I slip the clutch out of the hole at 3200 rpm. I have a stage 3 clutchmasters. I slip it until its halfway engaged and then let it go, usually works great!

Anyone else have ideas etc?
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

2.5mazda wrote:Oh I have the WOT set so I can hear it click as the pedal hits the floor
Noobie question, but what is a WOT ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Si1verBullet

Post by Si1verBullet »

Worn Out Tyres

Where's Our Traction

Why Only Tramping

Wig Obviously Trapped.

:wink:
97' UK V6, Standard.
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Si1verBullet wrote:Worn Out Tyres