[WTB]*BROKEN* DRIVERS SIDE POWER WINDOW SWITCH! thats right!

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
reprobation

[WTB]*BROKEN* DRIVERS SIDE POWER WINDOW SWITCH! thats right!

Post by reprobation »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a *DRIVERS SIDE BROKEN POWER WINDOW SWITCH* Yes.. I actually want one that is broken.

I want this for 3 reasons
1.) Mine is broken and needs to be replaced
2.) I want to do a write up on how to convert our window switches to work with the stock harness and still make them look good.
3.) I'm poor and can't afford to buy a new/used one :)

Any pics of your broken products would be great!
Let me know what you guys want for it, and the cost to ship it to:
Grand Prairie, TX 75052

Thanks guys!

-Chris
1994 RS DOHC, Modified Cold Air Intake, Clear Corners all around, Black Altezza Tail lights. Blue cold cathodes in driver / passenger foot areas. Lowerd on Evotion Springs (1.75 drop F/R) with KYB GR2 struts. Sitting on 17x7 (40 mm offset) 5 Spoke rims with KUHMO 205/40/R17 Tires.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807557
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

wait.. i'm confused.

You want to buy a broken one because yours broke? Doesn't that mean you have a broken one and don't need someone elses broken one?

If you need a second broken one I can send you mine. The physical switch (the part you push) broke, and the contacts are wearing. Does that work?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Mine broke the other day. In a florida rainstorm with the windows down. :x

But I took it apart and got it to work. All I have sitting in there right now is the circuit board part of the switch and you can make it work with that when the buttons brake off.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I have a passenger-style power window switch on my drivers side door. It's wired to the stock drivers-side control box. Mine broke in the middle of a heat wave about 2 years ago. I had planned to change my drivers side door panel to a passenger side one by getting an imported door panel (I really must thank Taras for finding it for me), but in despiration, since I don't have A/C or a sunroof, I needed to figure it out. I had bought a passenger door handle with the switch for $5 off of eBay and used that, been using that switch ever since. I made a wiring diagram for it, it's in my worklogs. At this point, I need to lean over to put the passenger window down, but I have a really good idea to make my drivers side switch between both.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

Well, I have a broken one.. but its only half broken.. the drivers side control still works, but not the passenger..

Rather than mess up my own box and have no control over my windows, i'd like to use somene elses who doesn't need it any more :)

-Chris
1994 RS DOHC, Modified Cold Air Intake, Clear Corners all around, Black Altezza Tail lights. Blue cold cathodes in driver / passenger foot areas. Lowerd on Evotion Springs (1.75 drop F/R) with KYB GR2 struts. Sitting on 17x7 (40 mm offset) 5 Spoke rims with KUHMO 205/40/R17 Tires.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i got like 3 of them but sometimes they work and sometimes they dont... they are niotreally broken.. i DO have the circuit to one of them and passenger wont work.. well sometimes. I think i got 3, let me know. ill give it to u for free if you show me how to wire one manually :D one time i was using a combo of 2 wires to roll windows up or down. This switch has gone out on me 2 times in a row. second time i left windows open in rain.. i wish i had manual windows.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

*bump*

Matt

Post by Matt »

OMG lol i f---ing hate that window swithc. mine works for passenger only the up spring for drivers side is missing. IT was sitting at half open for the longest time and i played with the widnow itself. now it goes down. Right on. It rained 3 nights in a row, car outside, cant get it up. f--- lol. If you get a write up nice. And if anyone has a spare one I wouldn't mind buying it. all the junkyard mx3's here are manual windows. Thanks. And if i had another i would send u mine sorry bud
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

LOL.. thanks man.. sorry to hear about your troubles though!

-Chris

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey check my post in the elecrical forum.. the mistery to the passenger power window resolved :P i know use 2 wires to roll it up and down.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”