Alternative to altezas

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Alternative to altezas

Post by cjthor »

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1870117598" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0117598</A> <BR> Check it out. They came out PERFECT. Better than the ones I have on my car and they look nice!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Bundy

Re: Alternative to altezas

Post by Bundy »

I'd rather spend $250 on new altezza lights. To me, it looks like some old parts from salvage yard or something. I still prefer that part red rather than those cheap plastic looking. Just my opinion.<P>bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

There was a typo on my previous post.<P>I'd rather prefer the rear corner right in yellow rathar than that in red. He's selling that for $50 and still want some for shipping. And also, he has only 14 feedback at ebay which makes him not that ... Oh well, I believe the stock one is way better than that.<P>bungo
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bundy:<BR><STRONG>I'd rather spend $250 on new altezza lights. To me, it looks like some old parts from salvage yard or something. I still prefer that part red rather than those cheap plastic looking. Just my opinion.<P>bungo</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> What does only having 14 feedback make me?I dont sell much stuff on ebay. I guess someone must like all red cuz it has come up on the board sooo many times. Old parts from the salvage yard? Sh*t these look brand new..And everyone that has seen my car agrees that all red looks much better than that funky yellow marker.<P>[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]<p>[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

My tails are all red and look sweet - way better than the amber. :D
DVH

Post by DVH »

mee too!<BR>amber is gay!!!!!! haha! :) ;) :cool:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

look fine for $50, cant beat that, they would charge like $100 on junkyard, for my '94 eclipse i had to pay $200 for both :mad:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

what did u guys do to make them red. what kinda paint or whatever?<P>thanks,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Those do look awesome. I don't see the point in buying them as it is really easy to do yourself. Looks very jdm.<P>Respect will always come down to perfomance and clear lights are very very rice. ;)
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>Those do look awesome. I don't see the point in buying them as it is really easy to do yourself. Looks very jdm.<P>Respect will always come down to perfomance and clear lights are very very rice. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It is an art to get them the right tint. Too much red and its almost purple.. Not enought and the yellow shows thru
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Hehe looks good but I think you should have tinted the part that was already red to match the rest of the lens, just a thought
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LiL-LaW:<BR><STRONG>Hehe looks good but I think you should have tinted the part that was already red to match the rest of the lens, just a thought</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It doesn't match? You're trippin..Take another look. I did.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Oh, plz calm down. That was just my opinion. If I make you feel bad, sorry about that. <P>Once before, I talked a tech guy in japan about the glass headlight (we can't put them on ours because of reflection or something), and he sounded like there might be some aftermarket ones over there. If you're still working on mx-3 by next june or so, I can visit some junk yard and look for some. I'm from Hiroshima, japan, which is also a Mazda town. What I mean is mazda has a headquarter there. Most people drive mazda there and they have more cars that you even don't see in the market. I just saw a video from japan about mazda's new family car 'Atenza' which is middle class car. You can have that in coupe, wagon, or sedan. It's probably as big as Camry or Accord, and the retail is around $20k in japan.<P>About that ebay, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. If you could've told me, I could share the way to sell or make it hit on the search even more. For example, you might wanna add the word 'nr' that stands for no reserve. And you start the auction from 50 or so. Some people just surf over ebay and the most common word people type is nr. They just type nr and buy something they're interested.<P>Bungo
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

I looked again and it's still there, there ris a distinct line where the two shades meet, it's almost in the middle of the pic in the second pic down on the right isde
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bundy:<BR><STRONG>Oh, plz calm down. That was just my opinion. If I make you feel bad, sorry about that. <P>Once before, I talked a tech guy in japan about the glass headlight (we can't put them on ours because of reflection or something), and he sounded like there might be some aftermarket ones over there. If you're still working on mx-3 by next june or so, I can visit some junk yard and look for some. I'm from Hiroshima, japan, which is also a Mazda town. What I mean is mazda has a headquarter there. Most people drive mazda there and they have more cars that you even don't see in the market. I just saw a video from japan about mazda's new family car 'Atenza' which is middle class car. You can have that in coupe, wagon, or sedan. It's probably as big as Camry or Accord, and the retail is around $20k in japan.<P>About that ebay, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. If you could've told me, I could share the way to sell or make it hit on the search even more. For example, you might wanna add the word 'nr' that stands for no reserve. And you start the auction from 50 or so. Some people just surf over ebay and the most common word people type is nr. They just type nr and buy something they're interested.<P>Bungo</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Well nr works but if someone is looking for mx stuff they either put in MX-3 or MX3. Thats why I put both.<p>[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”