help someone PLEASE my car got broken into!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx3precedia

help someone PLEASE my car got broken into!

Post by mx3precedia »

I need help! tips on how to deal with insurance! my car got broken into. amp and subs got stolen driver side window broken, the messed up thing is the car alarm didn't even go off. Ugh!!! anyone know what is the max for autopac to give you when this happens cause the two alone cost over a grand already. please HELP!!! any help will be great!
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i would suggest talking to ur insurance broker they will have that information and the legal actual coverage of ur plan on hand....

u spelled precidia wrong :P

good luck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

its pretty much talk to the broker have the reciepts for the stereo equipment and see what they do.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I wouldn't even bother going to insurance to begin with over something like this, first of all your deductible is going to eat up a lot of the money you would get back and unless your system is crazy expensive its likely not even worth it to get a few bucks back, making a claim is going to affect your insurance later too as the Insurance companies will know that you like to keep expensive stereo equipment in your car and it will be seen to them as more of a risk to take you on.
mx3precedia

Post by mx3precedia »

well the amp and subs cost me a little over a grand so i think i will claim it.
Pallor

Post by Pallor »

Just a quick side note on insurance and liability, a lot of insurance companies will not cover loss of "after market" if you do not claim it with receipts to the insurance company. It basically ensures that you do not file a false claim in regards to goods that actually were not there.

So, just for future reference, you should probably make your insurance carriers aware of any substantial changes you make in your automobile and for how much, so that if something does happen you can get all the monetary benefits you are entitled to.

Also, if you tend to have equipment that would tempt thieves, do invest in a major alarm system or components that will not work outside of your vehicle. It is really a shame you have to protect your cars this much, but c'est la vie. (I have all my original parts in my car so Im pretty sure no one is going to want to steal them, except maybe some MX-3 enthusiast.)

Cheers and good luck.
------------
Pallor
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE 1.8L V6 DOHC Raspberry | 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 3.0L V6 DOHC Glacier Silver

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”