Help Moving A Dead MX-3 GS SE

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Pallor

Help Moving A Dead MX-3 GS SE

Post by Pallor »

Hi!

I have an amusing situation. I thought you all could suggest a decent solution -- just like every other time before. I have an MX-3 GS SE that has not been driven in 3 years due to my location. (And yes I was neglectful in upkeep.) I was forced to get a Mazda Tribute to deal with the mountains. However, I am now moving back to the city (Nashville). My problem is the car has not been run for almost 3 years. I know the battery is dead. The tires were new 3 years ago, but are flat (and probably rotted). The car has a starter disabler system on it.

I need to move this vehicle to a flatbed to be towed. I think. I know nothing about getting cars such as this started. If I have it jumped, or better yet, I have it towed to a shop and a new battery put in, and the tires inflated will it be decent enough to drive around to get loaded? What sort of dangers could I encounter with trying to deal with this myself?

At the moment, I am in a place of 1,000 people where the closest Mazda place is an hour away and only has Mazda techs every 3 weeks. So in other words, I am in the middle of nowhere (Southwestern Virginia -- Coal Country).

I really need to have this thing settled as I come back from taking the Tennessee Bar exam August 1 and I am scheduled to haul out of here back to Nashville on August 5.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any responses!

-- Meg
------------
Pallor
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE 1.8L V6 DOHC Raspberry | 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 3.0L V6 DOHC Glacier Silver
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I am assuming the stock rims are bent so what you should do is buy a new batter, buy 4 tires, learn to change tires properly, install battery, start it up. Infact, just sell it.
Also, if you can, get the tire measurements. Like the rims are 15s. Now all you need are the other two measurements

Depending on how much its worth, maybe sell it for $100 or take it to a junkyard if you dont want to do what I said
Posts pics of yourself in a bathing suit with the car would also help...
:P

Seriously, it can lighten up the situation and it can also make your car sell for more :D
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

it has not been run in three years, so get a battery and change the oil and gas. Start it up, if it doesn't start then let us know
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

you STILL Have your car?!!!! I havent seen you since the meet in Nashville 4-5 years ago!

Of all the people at the meet , you, I, and Krish are probably the only ones still with the same cars.
Pallor

Post by Pallor »

Custommx3 wrote:you STILL Have your car?!!!! I havent seen you since the meet in Nashville 4-5 years ago!

Of all the people at the meet , you, I, and Krish are probably the only ones still with the same cars.
Hi Barry.

Yeah, I still have my original car. I cant part with it -- it still has the original floormats. Im thinking I may just rent a pick up truck, drive in from Nashville back here with a towed flat bed deal, and haul it back myself the weekend after I move.

Im assuming once I get back into civilization again, I can find an appropriate garage to work on the car or get a few friends over with a couple beers and have a go at it.

Are you telling me Scott no longer has his vibrating seat, cracked windshield probe? Although, why do I think it was totaled for some reason. Gah. I have a bad memory.

But yes, when the car is running again Ill be up for meets and whatnot. Ill need something to distract me from work.

Cheers.

-- Meg
------------
Pallor
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE 1.8L V6 DOHC Raspberry | 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 3.0L V6 DOHC Glacier Silver
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Ya Scott's car was totalled. Some moron rear ended him totalling it. He ended up I think with a 96 or 96 PGT. I havent heard form him in a few years. I do talk to krish though, he has a freshly built Turbo KL.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”