17.1 quarter mile

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hgallegos915

17.1 quarter mile

Post by hgallegos915 »

well.. um thats a big improovement since my last miserable 18.4 right? my car HAS a really bad tranny mount actually 2..it hops nasty. rims are 15 but tire is big... a bit bigger than stock. I saw a prev post that a guy shaved time by changing the bushings inj control arms? i KNOW my car needs all of that... any input? the kfze engine is crap by the way. also my tires skidded alot. Fully inflated. Oh anf my idle still surges up and down bohoo.. cant find the culprit.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh m city elevation is 3,800 feet above sea leven btw.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Thats a decent time I wouldn't expect much better, My best was a 17.1 at 3600ft with a miled out k8.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

bleh scratch that.. ive spent alot of money..im just going ze.. i mean cmon i got the headers..lightweight flywheel..stage 3 clutch... um???? why am i wasting these nice mods on a stupid slow kf...hardcore overtime here i come!!
-hec

my94pgt

Post by my94pgt »

On your cardomain site it shows that you're running the curved neck KF which would be the 170hp version. I am running the exact same engine in my 94 Probe GT. I was running 16.3 best time last week at the track. Thats with stock exhaust, Fidanza FW, CM Stg 1 clutch and stock ECU. I believe the probe is considerably heavier then your car, so i dont see why you are getting such lousy times. I just installed my megasquirt and once i get it completely tuned and vris prgrammed right, i am gonna take it to the track again.

BTW what are you running vacuum at idle? About 11in on the gauge or lower?
'94 Probe GT, KFZE, Fidanza, CM Stg 1, Megasquirt MSnS V3, Turbo parts waiting to be installed, once MS is dialed in.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

my cities elevation is 3900 feet above sea level. We lose around a second. Also Its now a straiught neck..that curved neck was k8 manifold. I got really bad mounts and lousy tires. Im sure i can shave some times. Today i went cruising and had forgotten how nice it is to drive a k series engine. :)
Ill go ze later on. Car seems to have a iac valve issue. ill fix tghat later. I wanna relax and drive.
-hec

my94pgt

Post by my94pgt »

Whats your vacuum at idle? Do you know? I am trying to see if mine is normal or off. Everyone over at Probetalk tells me i have a vac leak or timing is off cause my idle vac is at 63kpa, or about 11in on the vac gauge. I have checked both cam timing and crank timing and both are dead on. I dont have any vac leaks either. So i am trying to find someone running the same engine that can tell me what there engine idles at. But my engine runs superb.
'94 Probe GT, KFZE, Fidanza, CM Stg 1, Megasquirt MSnS V3, Turbo parts waiting to be installed, once MS is dialed in.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i have never checked my vacuum. Theres no reason for vacuum to be different if you aqre using the curved neck or even siragight neck. Check your hoses and vacuum canister. Also this engine is very delicate... you need to have a good clean fuel filter and ALL vacuums have to be on really tight. I had a loose vacuum at the vacuum pourge control solenoid in the firewall. Also tighten your vanvel cover..i dont know why mine where loose.
-hec

my94pgt

Post by my94pgt »

Also tighten your vanvel cover
What is that?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

um.. sorry..i am NOTORIOUS for typos.. LOL make sure the valve cover is tight :) specially the rear one. I dont kinow how mine got loose...
-hec

my94pgt

Post by my94pgt »

:) Got it. If i had a loose cover, wouldnt it leak oil? I have not checked that, but would think a loose cover would leak oil. I have no oil leaks at all, from anywhere.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

dump it my k8 time was 16.7 hec and you got more stuff than i have even on my ze now .... so DUMP it and ride with the big dogs on a ze
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yah im putting hardocre overtime got ze :) Im not stopping until i get that engine.
-hec

1REVVIN3

Post by 1REVVIN3 »

I hit 16.00 3 weeks ago, with my k8, stock clutch, intake, and 17's. I'm sure I could do better with smaller rims. I changed my fuel filter since then to could hardly blow through it lol.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

old topic.. im sorta like at 16.9 and I am NOT at sea level..im high in the sky 100+ degree weather.. kinda normal to be slow here. Oh and my iac was disconnected.
-hec

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”