mx-6 axles fit a mx-3?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mbguy

mx-6 axles fit a mx-3?

Post by mbguy »

will a 1994 2.5 v6 mx-6 drive axles fit in a 93 1.8 mx-3?
mbguy

Post by mbguy »

ne one know please cuz i gotta replace my front left. and id like to know asap. if possible.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

honestly i have never heard anyone ask that.. have u used search? whats wrong with getting stock axles rebuilt? i had one rebuilt for 65 dllrs here in the us.. and in mexico it was 50 dllrs. rebuilt like new. make sure you gegt either with abs or no abs depending on your ride.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mbguy wrote:ne one know please cuz i gotta replace my front left. and id like to know asap. if possible.
Perhaps if you explained your reasoning for wanting to use another cars axle and not the one's specifically meant for your's. What's wrong with getting mx3 axles? A little more history may be in order here. Diid the axle fairy happen to give you a gift certificate for 2.5L axles or something? Very strange request indeed without some substantiation. On the outset I'd say no because of total lengths should be different - 2.5L being longer. Since the tranny and engine cases are identical I believe. I hope this is not an attempt to nickle and dime the cost on axles.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
max kl

Post by max kl »

nope the wont fit there about and inch to long but they look alot stronger
and they will fit the gs tranny but not the mx3 hub the spline is to big to fit the mx3 hub

the mx6 & mx3 pass side axle stub will interchange
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
mbguy

Post by mbguy »

i was just wodnering cuz im switchin to the 2.5 ne way and if they fit id like to put the 2.5 axles in since i gott replace it ne way.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Its not the same, I wish it was. For all the people asking him why not just get MX-3 axles, it took me 3 days to find an auto parts store that had MX-3 axles and I live in NYC. There are f-in auto parts places everywhere.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
mbguy

got one nvm

Post by mbguy »

finally found a drive axle switchin it out today thanks for all the help guys.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

you should get some axles from the group buy if you are charnging to a bigger motor. they are 200 a piece but a great investment.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mbguy

Post by mbguy »

dont have the dough for that right now gotta get one last payment paid back first then ill have some money to spend. and i wanna get the motor first and i got a new clutch already. just gotta fina a tps or just wait til li get the new money and suffer with the one i got now. till i get the new motor cuz i aint payin $152 for a new tps.
mbguy

oh yeA

Post by mbguy »

and the passenger side axle will not fit from a probe or mx-6 output side is to big. mx-3's is smaller.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”