HID kits for an MX-3

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Mradio

HID kits for an MX-3

Post by Mradio »

I just found a great deal on some imported HID conversion kits for an mx3, they actually sell those for any vehicle. <BR>I wanted to see how many people would be interested in it, so we can get a group discount. <BR>I've seen that kit on a Audi A8 and it looks awesome :)
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
DJPRO

Re: HID kits for an MX-3

Post by DJPRO »

Try to get 7000k of light output or better and keep in mind they probably don't have high beams. But they are great :D if you get them. I only wish I can put them in projcetor or angel-eye head lights.<P>later,<BR>Dee.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

depending on the price im in, cheapest i found is ebay and that was $400 shipped<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

this would go for $390 if it's an individual purchase, <BR>if we get at least 10 people the price drops to $350. <BR>Iam not sure if those have high beams, but I'll find out.<BR>Spread the word...
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJPRO:<BR><STRONG>Try to get 7000k of light output or better and keep in mind they probably don't have high beams. But they are great :D if you get them. I only wish I can put them in projcetor or angel-eye head lights.<P>later,<BR>Dee.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey man, I was talking to the guy, and he was explaining to me that the number of degrees K has nothing to do with the light output, it's the gas itself that makes that purplish light. Those are quoted at 5000K
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

The K does have something to do with light output but not brightness for instance - 5200k (blue-white), 6000k (blue), 7000k (purple-white) and 7500k (very blue), basically the color. 5000k sounds like the first or second generation HID's. My suggestion to you is, do little research before you make your purchase. Like I said before go with 7000k or higher. As far as gas in bulb, I have no idea.<P>later,<BR>Dee.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJPRO:<BR><STRONG>The K does have something to do with light output but not brightness for instance - 5200k (blue-white), 6000k (blue), 7000k (purple-white) and 7500k (very blue), basically the color. 5000k sounds like the first or second generation HID's. My suggestion to you is, do little research before you make your purchase. Like I said before go with 7000k or higher. As far as gas in bulb, I have no idea.<P>later,<BR>Dee.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>FYI,<P>Brightness and light output is the same thing and is measured in lumens. As far as the color, HID systems are trying to duplicate daylight not purple discolight. However when HIDs first appeared on high-line automobiles most of these cars were equipped with elipsoid headlights. These lights tend to seperate rays bluish/purplish upward and white downward. So the construction of the cars headlight has a lot to do with the color apperance. However it is widely considered by amateurs/non-profesionals that HIDs should be bluish purle. In order to sell their product manufacturers started developing bulbs running different Xenon gas mixtures and higher temperatures(6000k-8000k). These bulbs do produce a more blueish/purplish (which by the way is discolight) color but the light output is unchanged. That helps manufacturers sell their product knowing that their customers will be satisfied seeing purple light in any headlamp design. So the temperature at which the bulb runs only affects color not light output. I know that these 6000k(bluish white) & 8000k (purple) bulbs are also available but they cost extra.
back alley

Post by back alley »

the k stands for kelvin (as in degrees kelvin)and it measures the temperature of the light on a light meter. this affects the colouring.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Your absolutely 100% right back alley. Vlad, the only thing I agree with your statement is about the lumens factor. Everything else, I really don't know what to tell you. <BR>If you read what I wrote from the beginning, I was just giving you a "HEADS UP" on what I "SUGGEST" you get. I would like to clarify when I was talking about light-output, it was about the color not the brightness. I already have a set of 8000k HID's in my MX. I'm not gonna waste my time any longer with this and wish you luck with your purchase. <P>later,<BR>Dee. :roll:
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by back alley:<BR><STRONG>the k stands for kelvin (as in degrees kelvin)and it measures the temperature of the light on a light meter. this affects the colouring.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Please read the above post, it did say the exact same thing. <BR> :roll:
mx3speeder

Post by mx3speeder »

Could someone please explain to me what an HID is. I mean would $350 be 2 whole new headlight assemblies? or is HID just replacement bulbs? Sorry if this a dumb question I just don't know and I might be interested.
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

it's an HID conversion kit, it's not just a light bulb, or a new headlamp. <BR>It comes in a package, which is just plug and play. Here are some things that are included in it, makes installation alot easier: mounting brackets, screws, wiring, instructions and the most important part are light bulb and a ballast. You can get the kit for any car, and it will work.<BR>If anyone is interested, let me know, and I will send you more info...
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3speeder:<BR><STRONG>Could someone please explain to me what an HID is. I mean would $350 be 2 whole new headlight assemblies? or is HID just replacement bulbs? Sorry if this a dumb question I just don't know and I might be interested.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HID means high intensity discharge. "It's a relatively new technology which works very differently than halogen bulbs to give 3 times more light on the road while only using 2/3 of the power. This system only draws 35W from your vehicle therefore helping your battery and alternator with a lighter load."

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”