my lights dim when i hit the brake.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

i searched around and some people have similiar problems, but their charge light is on. my battery harg e light is not on, which makes me think its an alternator problem. i wanna make sure though, i dont wanna buy a new alternator and find out its the battery. thanks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Either missing or bad grounding wire(s) in the engine bay. You'll find plenty of posts on that subject and their resolutions. One of our easier and cheaper fixes.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

This is very common with RS's. Having a weak alternator (70A) causes this. If you have a system in your car Id suggest getting a Cap.
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

no system as far as i kno. just a head unit, although the speakers r very good for stock speakers (that is if they are in fact stock). the lights dim, and slowly goback to normal. maybe it is a weak alternator. wouldnt an alternator cause more problems than dimmed lights?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

No problem, just a flaw in the design. Alternator normal. If it worries you so much, first thing a ground wire kit, and then let us know.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Alternator is just underpowered... and our grounding system sucks.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”