Anti-theft

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
em-ex-3

Anti-theft

Post by em-ex-3 »

Besides an alarm... what are some creative things you guys kno of that help with antitheft... i can think of Tinted windows..quick release steering hub(take the wheel)shaved locks, kill switches... any thing else?
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Razor blades under the door handle.... hidden fuel shut off switch or engine start button....
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

1. Make a hidden dead bolt system to lock the doors with a keyless entry module (or alarm or remote starter).

2. Hide all car audio components

3. Don't play your system LOUD just before u park and go home or somewhere for a long period of time.

4. Removable Face Stereo

5. Don't keep key'd lug nuts key in the glove box

6. Don't advertise what u have in the car with stickers

7. Two-way alarm systems

8. Motion sensors

9. Pitbull on front seat. :lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Use 3 different types of lugs per wheel. That will make it harder for them to take your wheels
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
den

Post by den »

i think there's a company that offers some kind of tracking device for your car. I read an ad about a few years ago it but cant remember where. You will have to pay a monthly fee for it though. They will track your car and they will know where it is if ever you report your car stolen. It wont prevent thieves from stealing your car but you can easily recover it and catch those damn carnappers. And another cool thing I saw was some kind of device that will be installed under your car. Just press the emergency button and it will acivate a flame thrower that will burn the car jackers eyebrows and you can hit the accelerator and drive away.

Getting one of these devices will probably cost more than your car so just go with typhoonk's tip #9 Pitbull on front seat. :D
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

onstar
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

boomerang
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

LoJack
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

the government.....? 8)
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If they are half a thief they will get into your car and take what they want before you have a chance to do anything.
Tinted windows will help, but most of the time you drew the thief to you with a flashy look or a loud stereo.
Battery swtiches and fuel pump switches are a great idea and will atleast keep the car where you left it. although you might not want to see it after a thief tried to steal it and couldn't.

For cars of ours age there is not really much point in trying to anti-thief the car. Insurance companies value our car so low now that you'll get a fraction of what it would cost to replace if it is damaged or stolen. That is only if you have comp and collision insurance too, which IMO is a bad idea since they will only give 1500-2000 for a MX-3 anyway. (maybe even less)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jricoctg

Post by jricoctg »

i would take 1500 for my MX-3. i only payed 500 for it. lol. how hard are cut off switches to install? do they stop u from starting the car normally, or do u have to turn something on to start it yourself?
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Ok for car security, I have just what you need. I can make you a bulletproof body and one way bulletproof windows( so you can shoot out but they can't shoot in. You also need fingerprint and retinal eye scan before vehicle confirms operation. then you won't have your car stolen unless they use a truck and take the whole thing.

O yea viper makes a gps tracking system 2.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

A trunk Monkey :)
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Custommx3 wrote:A trunk Monkey :)

LMFAO ok gotta go find that video now... BRB...

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”