corksport Genie headers

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

corksport Genie headers

Post by Joey's mx »

Is anyone running one on a dohc?? ARe these decent headers?? What are the drawbacks of thses headers??
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

I just picked up a set of these and they seem really well built. Really, the only drawback for me is that they are blue and everything else in my engine compartment is red.
93 MX3 RS BP 2.0 // 87 RX7 HKS Turbo
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

dupont high temp paint it comes in a very nice red colour
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Boris

Post by Boris »

got the header sitting in my garage. If you want close up pics of it PM me or somethin...

Joey, aren't you using probe haeders?
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

I actually used Dupont hi-temp on my old manifold heat shield and it flaked a lot. I do sort of think the blue gives a little bit of contrast, though.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Kuromu wrote:I actually used Dupont hi-temp on my old manifold heat shield and it flaked a lot. I do sort of think the blue gives a little bit of contrast, though.
2.0 BP that they where 1.8 unless u bored and strock it out.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

lol yeah whats up with that?
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

5-day old Flyinmiata stroker kit. Just finished the rebuild of a new BP block this past Saturday, actually.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

WERD
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

crap! i wanted to be the first one to do that on the mx-3. hows the power difference between the regular BP and the stroked? is it worth the 4 grand?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Kuromu wrote:5-day old Flyinmiata stroker kit. Just finished the rebuild of a new BP block this past Saturday, actually.
SWEET man seen them in the MX-3 before here where i work at RM we have a 2.0 BP Racing MAzda version pumping out 475whp in fwd form @18psi. flyinmaita is not to bad either pricey but just as great.

u have in all motor form or turbo/super. are u haveing head gasket issues or ur 2.0 if u use the a stock 1.8 gasket and push it very hard it will give and over heat. we found this one gasket 176$ up in CAnada that issue.

I don't think its wired to have a 2.0 BP in a MX-3 MechaManZero but oh well.

Good luck on ur 2.0 BP which ever power route u go thumps up.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

Yeah. I had sold my old BMW and my old Cherokee and dedicated that money to whatever I wanted on this car. This is the route I took. I spent a little more than I had, but I think the end result is worth it. I love my Mazdas and have no problems putting money into them here and there. (Now to get my RX-7 here to the house so I can finish it up, too!)

Good heads-up on the head gasket, I will have to keep an eye on it. As for heat, I ran it hard yesterday and it did not heat up much higher than it did with the stock BP.

I will be keeping it NA throughout the summer as I track down parts for a turbo setup. Already have the SAFC-II and will see how that continues to work. If I have to , I will upgrade to something like an eManage. I was thinking Megasquirt but I seem to be hearing some bad comments about them here and there. But we shall see.
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

is it a lot more noticeable power increase over the BP?
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

Significantly. Is it worth the money? Well, I dunno. If I had not sold a car to pay for it and not have plans to try autocross, I probably would have just gone turbo. But now, I have a little more power as a base to put a turbo on later if I want to.

I have a lot to figure out at the moment with car designation. Since the acquisition of some unexpected parts for the RX-7, my scope of which car doing what is changing a bit. But first, I need to transplant the RX-7 here and get it back up and running.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”