mx-3 jap import oil change

Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Discussions
sloggy

mx-3 jap import oil change

Post by sloggy »

Hi chaps, I've done an oil change on my imported mx-3 but am confused as to why it has 3 drain plugs? I know the first one is for the engine oil but what are the other 2 for and how does one replace the oil in these? Many thanks, Sloggy.
Farmelle

Post by Farmelle »

There is one for the sump and two on the transmission. Transmission is a pain to refill though as at the very least you have to have the battery out. The large bolt on it is the drain plug, the other, well, isn't ;)

To refill it you have to take out the speedo cable on the back of the engine and remove the 10mm bolt holding the speedo gear in place, then its got to be slipped up and out. There is a little diagram to show you the level that can only be read if you have the tranny out really, but it should be up to top of the cog's teeth when its replaced back in the engine. From empty to full should be 2.6l on the nose though.

Tranny only needs an oil change about every 100k miles really, but it never harms to do it more often.

Don't attempt this unless you have a jug and a funel though or its going to be oil everwhere (take it from me ;)

Lastly it takes 75w-90 or some other similar grade oil.
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

Cheers for your help, all sorted now, thankfully. I managed to top the fluid up from where the dipstick is. One tip I didn't know though, always check the auto transmission fluid when its hot, and with the engine running, I had no idea on that one, a chap who lives locally and works with auto boxes told me that one. Thanks again.
Farmelle

Post by Farmelle »

sloggy wrote:I managed to top the fluid up from where the dipstick is.
Hmm, you got the auto box? I have the 91 1.5l and it has no dipstick.
sloggy

Post by sloggy »

Its my other halves car, 1.5 93 jap import, I've got the 1.8 v6. Hers has a dipstick for checking the auto fluid but I don't know much about the Autozam to presume they all have one :?

Return to “Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3”