GROUPBUY ON AXLES (WITH PRICES)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Ok, not sure if they have the RS axles blueprinted or not already, if they don't you would have to send them your axles or even broken axles from an rs and they could do it for you. My big question is why do you need custom axles...I've not even heard of the people with the BPT having to change axles, I could be wrong, but none-the-less if you want them, we can check....if you got the money in hand we'll add you to the list then worry about blueprinting
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

Come to think of it, now that you mention, I think most of the axle problems I have seen HAVE been GS. I am building up a stroked BP this weekend for my RS and will going turbo this fall, so I figured I would probably want to pursue it.

With the upgraded internals and possibly a larger turbo, I am not sure what to expect power-wise.
93 MX3 RS BP 2.0 // 87 RX7 HKS Turbo
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Kuromu wrote:Come to think of it, now that you mention, I think most of the axle problems I have seen HAVE been GS. I am building up a stroked BP this weekend for my RS and will going turbo this fall, so I figured I would probably want to pursue it.

With the upgraded internals and possibly a larger turbo, I am not sure what to expect power-wise.
a friend of mine has a 1.8l Mx5, forged internals (9:1 comp) etc.
t3/t04 turbo .50ar I think.

0.6 bar = 220rwhp
1.2 bar = 330rwhp

So, you should expect quite some improvement :)

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
LooseChangeRacing

got my axles today....heres a pic of the driver side

we need some more interested people soon, i'll be contacting him again next week after I install and tell him how nice they feel....and god dang these things are some beefy axles
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

those look good I want some so lets get this thing going people.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I may be in, but I have a few questions.

First, do we have to send him our axles at any point? or does he get them and beef them himself?

Second, how long would it take after they are finished? I need a passenger side axle pretty bad?

Third, how exactly are they beefed up? Does he just do the actual shafts of the axle, or does he put it bigger and better CV's?

Last, How do they feel? If they make any noise at all let us know. I already have axles that clunk or vibrate.

Thanks
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
LooseChangeRacing

First, do we have to send him our axles at any point? or does he get them and beef them himself?
You dont send him anything... he has them blueprinted already
Second, how long would it take after they are finished? I need a passenger side axle pretty bad?
I gave him my CC numbers and payed on Tuesday, I had my axles on Friday
Third, how exactly are they beefed up? Does he just do the actual shafts of the axle, or does he put it bigger and better CV's?
The entire axle is BEEFED up, you can feel the difference, he could explain a bit of what he does to you...the shaft is actually weakened while the joints are strengthened...he does this becuase the stock shafts are too stiff and don't leave any room to play with.
Last, How do they feel? If they make any noise at all let us know. I already have axles that clunk or vibrate.
Babyblue could anwser this quicker then I could, mine don't get installed until next weekend so I can't tell you...

your axles are vibrating and clunking becuase they are going out...mine are currently SHAKING on acceleration lol....

You would be the 4th or 5th person which means if you say money in hand i'll call him and get a price breakdown.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

sweet, im in as long as this does not turn into the turbo buy im part of.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Imagine if that axle wqas to fall on those toes? :P

LooseChangeRacing wrote:got my axles today....heres a pic of the driver side

we need some more interested people soon, i'll be contacting him again next week after I install and tell him how nice they feel....and god dang these things are some beefy axles
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
LooseChangeRacing

lol
Imagine if that axle wqas to fall on those toes? Razz
Yeah Meumonic said that pretty much, i said, well hey I was in my boxers would you guys of liked the pic taken of by my girlfriend with me holding both axles in my living room...i mean I can upload it if you want LOL
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

ok well I'm in with money in hand as long as this happens in the next 2 weeks or so. After that I gotta go to school and need the car runnin good
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
LooseChangeRacing

Heres my 5 people that I have listed...I'll call tomorrow mine don't get installed until Saturday but you guys won't be paying until next week by the time this gets approved and then by the end of next week if you got money in hand you get new axles. I'll let you guys know the results of my call tomorrow
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Sounds good. If all goes well, it will indeed be nice to not visit advance auto every few months lookin for a replacement.
LooseChangeRacing

shuttie where in pa do you live...gotta meet up with your de

AND EVERYONE this groupbuy can only be for a certain set pretty much.

So it would be for the GS Axles, I'm pretty sure the mx6 tranny uses the same axles...no? Anyway, the reason being is becuase he is saving money from having to set the machine up in different ways.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

This should work for any K series enigine that is the same wheel base as an mx-3. If anyone was wondering.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”