URGENT help required

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
93-Spec-Edn

URGENT help required

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hi

A few days ago i was driving and occasionally when signalling left my indicator would flicker fast. Both left side signal lights were working. Tonite How ever when I signal left all I can hear is a fast ticking and the green signal light on the dash doesnt light and none of teh singal lights on the left work. The right it fine. I almost hit a motorcyclist lane changing cause he didnt know i was signalling. Any idea???
Thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ok...well, the fast ticking is because one of your signal lights is either not working, or the bulb is about to die...When your signal light doesn't work, the green arrows won't either...they go together.

What you need to do is replace the bulbs in the front and back. Now i'm nearly certain that (unlike my car) there is NOT a short anywere because one or both of your left signal lights were working, but they were goin' super speed. This is a feature that is installed in most vehicles to notify you that you'll need to replace the bulb.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
precidian

Post by precidian »

It could also mean the bulb is not making proper contact. I had the issue occur to me before. All I did was clean the contacts in the connector,on the bulb and reinstalled. Everything was fine after that.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

On a note, you should replace all the bulbs at the same time (both headlights at the same time if one goes out or all signal and brake lights if one goes out) They work at about the same rate and it is easier to make sure they all work and that one will not be going out a week later.
I agree with the above statements. It should be a super easy fix.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Substituting the bulbs for bling aftermarket or possibly using an LED bulb will also do it.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

new bulbs didnt fix it?
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Juggalomastaxx

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

Just Check for a short. It happened to me.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Its a "bulb out" feature required by law. The flasher only works with the correct (minimum) resistance in the circuit.

Just change the lamps and clean the contacts at the same time and you should be ok. Have you any side indicators?

Never seen an electrical device that will work with no polarity difference so there's no "short". If there was, obviously your fuse would blow and the flasher unit wouldn't operate at all so its not that.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
ktmrider

Post by ktmrider »

There is a relay that controls the "flashing" of the turn signals. It is basically shorts out at defined intervals. When the flasher goes bad it does not toggle like what you are experiencing. All cars have these relays.
I did not check the online manual but it should show where it is located. Most parts stores have them and are fairly cheap.
93 MX-3 1.8L V-6
FREE!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”