exhaust modification

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chatterbox4507
Supporting Member

exhaust modification

Post by chatterbox4507 »

Has anyone removed the spare tire drop down and welded it flat. Then placed a larger muffler on? Just asking if anyone thinks it would be worth it? Thank you for your input. :D
Car: 92 mx3 GS with an abused past
just bought a 95 rs with 75k on it for 200$!!!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

why would you need to remove that to use a big muffler, mines pretty large (larger than the apexi N1 muffler) and it fits fine
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
noreaga0221

Post by noreaga0221 »

WHy do you want a larger muffler?
Flinch

lol

Post by Flinch »

haha you got to have a big muffler and a sleaper car it atreckts attention to get ppl to race you lol than you kick their a--. Like persay a 323 hatchback with a BPT in it, everyone thinks he is like another CRX with cold air intake and an exhaust lol. And if you do it right you can make them sound "O" so beautiful. If you ask me no CAT and 2 resonators with the muffler of your choice and it will sound good, and if your turbo go with no resonators because the turbo acts like a resonator. If your worried about emmitions and your in canada dont stop worring and just do it! cuz cops dont care they really dont trust me ; )
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
chatterbox4507
Supporting Member

Post by chatterbox4507 »

thank you for the input im leaving it alone. im going to work on makeing it rear wheel drive so i may remove it and place a gas tank there. going for a drifting mx3! YAAAA. they did it to an evo and josh made his awd so im going to do it.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i did it for my dual exhaust. had i known i woulda had to before i bought the bumper, i wouldn't have done it.
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

wtf u can make it rear wheel drive if u can thats my new project....

chatterbox4507 wrote:thank you for the input im leaving it alone. im going to work on makeing it rear wheel drive so i may remove it and place a gas tank there. going for a drifting mx3! YAAAA. they did it to an evo and josh made his awd so im going to do it.
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

next year 91 toyota supra turbo..
Flinch

haha

Post by Flinch »

yeah man you can its just pricy and you got to know what your doing, there is avideo on the forums here of a 10 second one.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lol, that mx-3 is a full custom tube chassis with body that resembles an mx-3. No one had yet to convert an Mx-3 to RWD without basically scraping the frame and lower chassis to accomdate the RWD components, and the engine bay to fit a motor longitudinaly.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Cy

Post by Cy »

you can do it while keeping the mx-3 shell...

but like you said it REQUIRES a full roll cage because of the new load points and all that jazz ... the metal work besides the rollcage is actuall really easy..

the hardest/easiest part of the build is taking out the FWD gears in the Transfer case and welding the hole shut...
chatterbox4507
Supporting Member

Post by chatterbox4507 »

what about doing it the way josh did with the awd platform then remove the front drive gears.like they did to the evos in ff3?
mx-3_rider

Post by mx-3_rider »

f--- it my mx-3 is going 2 be RWD.... i just need time......
96 eclipse GST

future 93 mazda mx-3..

next year 91 toyota supra turbo..
Juans_93_MX3

Re: lol

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Flinch wrote:haha you got to have a big muffler and a sleaper car it atreckts attention to get ppl to race you lol than you kick their a--. Like persay a 323 hatchback with a BPT in it, everyone thinks he is like another CRX with cold air intake and an exhaust lol. And if you do it right you can make them sound "O" so beautiful. If you ask me no CAT and 2 resonators with the muffler of your choice and it will sound good, and if your turbo go with no resonators because the turbo acts like a resonator. If your worried about emmitions and your in canada dont stop worring and just do it! cuz cops dont care they really dont trust me ; )
Difference between a 323 and a Honda...
Hondas are crap and most people that have them are attention whores with no balls. Thats why they put loud crappy sounding exhausts and big wings. All they try to do is attract attention
* > Honda

Just yesterday I was cruising in the blvd.
I see 2 ricer CRXs parked with their emergency lights (or whatever you want to call them) on. What a bunch of attention whores
And the people who owned them were just on the sidewalk talking
How pathetic, get a real car.
Ether get a domestic V8 that actually sounds good or get a import other than a Honda
Last edited by Juans_93_MX3 on July 8th, 2006, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I got a way much better question
How hard would it be to make a STRAIGHT PIPE exhaust and make it fit?
In other words, a straight pipe setup without it touching the ground

Any benefits to a straight pipe exhaust? Better sounding exhaust? More power?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

well i beleive that it would make a slight increase in power seeing as the overall velocity of the exaust gaseses would be higher, there for less strain on the engine.

Right?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”