Wierd Pipe Setup on V6

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Cy

Post by Cy »

how big are there tanks ?

because mx's aren't going to be making enough power to run 12's with a 30L tank of water...

like i said before..
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Its not as practical for the daily driver. NO one says you cant do it, its just not as practicle.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

XxantwawnxX wrote:Its not as practical for the daily driver. NO one says you cant do it, its just not as practicle.

What? Have any of you guys even read up on Water/Alcohol injection?

I suggest you guys do. They are great for DDs because it makes the car more reliable because it forms a safer setup. The maintainace on a system requires a nozzle cleaning every like 10,000 and a fill up the water every 2nd gas fill up. And the tanks are like a Radiator overflow, or a Windshield washing tank. They aren't huge....

Again, "I" think it would be an awesome setup for a V6, but that is me. Water injection systems are made for tightly packed turbo or supercharged systems where an IC is an inconvienance or not an option. They are also for High Compression/High Horsepower setups where detonation is a problem, so esspecially with KL-ZE's I would think that would make it a double plus, and the only big downside to water injection is that is currods the exhaust, but if you have SS then you are all good...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Key word, not "AS" practicle. You have to fill it up every so often (yes i know not a big deal) and theres some matinence required (also not a big deal). But enough of a deal for me to say its not AS practicle as an intercooler for DD. I never said its not safer or its not more effecient or anything like that. Just if u have space u put in an intercooler and u dont worry about it ever(unless it starts leaking or sumthing).

Im not bashing or anything because im getting a Injection system soon on my DD with an intercooler too...but i stil stick to the not as practicle : )

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

nozzle size is dependant of the power you are making. You can't say you'll fill the tank each 2 fill up because it also depends of the size of the tank you're using. That statement was completly off.
Go ask Rebel2k4 on here who was using WI before and IIRC he was filling it up before even the first fill up of fuel.
YES I agree that WI is a wonderfull thing, don't get me wrong (I was about to run both on my car) but like I said it's just another thing to take care off when you don't necessary need it.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”