no power locks, radio and clock all at once

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Steeb

no power locks, radio and clock all at once

Post by Steeb »

my power locks stopped working yesterday afternoon. i start driving anyway and reach over to the radio and it doesnt work either. i look at my gauge cluster and my clock is flashing.

so in about 10 minutes 3 things stop working on my car that worked perfectly fine when i went out earlier in the morning. i checked out the fuses today and they are all good.

anybody have this happen to u??
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Radio back up, clock, door locks are all on the 15 amp "Room" fuse. So is the key reminder switch and hatch light. Replace that fuse and you should be ok.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

DAAAAAAM! AM I THE NOOB! :lol: i only checked the radio fuse and the lock fuse, i didnt even think of looking at the room fuse.

dum a-- me didnt think of looking at the room fuse.

why does the locks and radio run off the room fuse if there is another fuse for the radio and another one for the locks?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The radio has 2 supplies - one to make it work and the other for "memory".
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”