Tour de Whistler 7 - October 14, 2006

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Tour de Whistler 7 - October 14, 2006

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Hi guys,

We'll be heading up to Whistler, BC for our annual club trip on Saturday October 14/06. This event is open to all members and non-members. Once I hear back from the owner of the Chalet, I will then post the exact date. If you do not wish to stay overnight, make it a day trip and come up and have some fun. :driver:

Once again we'll be staying overnight at Alta Vista Chalet. Anyone wishing to stay overnight with us may do so. Cost of overnight stay is $65 per person. Please RSVP kevin@mx-west.com if you will be staying overnight and how many guest(s) you will be bringing along that will be stay overnight as well. Once we receive your RSVP, we will send you a confirmation and method of payment. RSVP deadline is September 9, 2006, so get it in ASAP.

We will be meeting at McDonalds on 4410 Still Creek Avenue & Willingdon Avenue at 8:30 am and leaving for Whistler at 9:30 am. This will give you plenty of time to grab something to eat and drink. Make sure you fill up the tank before getting to MacDonalds. Bring an FRS Radio (preferably one that has 14 Channels & 38 Sub-channels) and set it on Channel 13 Sub-channel 13. Please be on time as we will not be waiting for any stragglers. If we are not at McDonalds, goto Hwy 1 and try to catch up to us or we will meet up with you in Whistler Village. Please follow the posted speed limits, this is not a race. We will be making a pit stop at the IGA Marketplace shopping complex on the corner of Cleveland Avenue & Hwy 99 North in Squamish, BC. Drive safely and have fun.

Thanks
Last edited by MX-West Car Club on October 17th, 2006, 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Cool, I'm in as always.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

It's offical, a date has been picked. I've booked the chalet for October 14, 2006.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Cool, I'll mark it my calendar. I am sure it will be fun as always. Hope more peeps will come out.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

im definatly in. we need to find some new things to do this time though
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

im down, maybe try the whistler zip lines? :twisted:
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

Im in as well, ill be making the trip up from edmonton with 1 other person. If anyone else in alberta wants to make the trip with us drop me a line and we can figure out a meeting place.

Thanks guys,

Tim
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i was planning on going this year but i am taking my mom to st pauls for a bunch of tests that weekend. have fun.
MX-West Car Club

Last call for RSVPs to TDW-7.

E-mail your RSVP directly to me at kevin@mx-west.com. Once I receive your RSVP and the number of guest you will be bringing, you will be getting an e-mail regarding payment for the room. All payments must be submitted to me no later than Oct 1/06 or you will not be guaranteed a room.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

So my life had an issue and that openned up some time.

I was supposed to be driving down the LA starting that weekend however my wife's truck's fuel pump had an issue and stupid IZUZU put it in the gas tank so it is gonna cost about $700 to repair. Which means no LA trip.

However that means we can make the TdW, we just need to know if we can come.

I've e-mailed kevin.

James "RoundTop" Magnan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I think I am going as well seeing as I already booked some days off work and my dad lives in white rock, who else is going? Robin, you gonna bring your buddy?
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

yeah i think scott might come, we have some buisness to take care of up in whistler. Want to make a white rock convoy?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea I will be in white rock the day before so maybe we can meet up and convoy out on sat. Not exactly sure where the location of the meeting places are.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

One of the people at my work just got an MX-3 RS. She may join us for the drive up.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Yup, looks like my coworker is joining us for the run.

So I just got all my brakes done.

Front brake pads are now ceramic
read pads are high end regular
4 all new rotors
rebuilt front calipers (one had partially siezed)
realigned rear calipers
finally installed my SS clutch line.

All told it cost me $1000 installed. Which ain't bad for that amount of parts.

Anyways, now she runs nice and smooth. I was amazed how much difference the clutch line made.

I'll be there on saturday ready to roll.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”