9TH ANNUAL MISS.MEET!!!!!!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Selecta wrote:What channel to set the FRS to?
Uhhh, MX3 event ......... FRS Ch. 3 ????? That's what we'll be using.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Selecta wrote:What channel to set the FRS to?
Bochek wrote:oh and make sure all you people bring frs radios.

channel 3.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
precidian

Post by precidian »

Unfortunately due to my commitments to the car club I am in, I will be unable to attend this years meet.

I hope that maybe there might be a mini meed or end of season meet that I would be willing to hit...

Hope you all have a great day and take lots of pics.

Cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Sorry I wasn't able to go...I wanted to and was going to get a ride with Duncan to the meet. But unfortunatly the wedding I was going to today is earlier in teh day than I had thaught so I kinda have to go to it..Anyways will be at another sometime this year when my car is running. Looking forward to the pics and hope you guys all had fun.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

You fine folks should all be driving in a line about now.

Hope everyone has/had fun, and is taking pics.

This is the first year I think since I bought my mx3 that I did not attend. And it even was on a Saturday with a cruise and trophies!

My car is not on the road this year yet, so I didn't go, but thought about plenty today.

Have fun.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

I got to say, It was a very well orginized and fun day, the cruise was the icing on the cake... it was a real treat for most ppl, the road were great, just called for more of the rx-7 ottawa driving style, we took it too easy guys, especially the twisties!! :) all in all great run!

We definatly need more cruises like that!!!
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

agreed, as soon as i get my licence, imma plan out a wicked route.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

how many ppl were there?
who won the trophies?
where's the pics?
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

John took best mazda
Marlon took best stock
Gabor took best engine!

Pics are all up too Deb, and Waide

i think it was 15 cars?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

A very nice meet inded. My thanks to all of the organizers for this event. Special thanks to Mike for making up those pics(maps) of the cruise. I printed hard copies of it fo rmyself in case I got lost being the pokey person I am .... LOL. We actually met another MX'r by chance who was passing by Hutch's and we shouted as he was driving by to join us. We told him who we are, about the MX-3.com and invited him on the cruise with us. He accepted and we had a cruise of about 7 or 8 MX'rs. Myself and Waide (Prospectmx3) (with bother and g/f) decided to end our part of the cruise short after having something to eat at Port Dalhousie (sp) and headed home. Waide, that was a nice drive too along the 401, and the traffic was great and fast moving too.
We must consider putting the meet back to Sunday for next time though. The traffic on Saturday was a real bear. Not only to and from the Promenade but to, from and during the cruise. Too many people out working or shopping on Saturday. But all and all a very nice meet, sure wish a few more MX'rs showed up though .... 15 cars, and that's after me bringing in 7 or so cars from the Eastern Ontario cruise. Only 5 or 6 cars from GTA area ....what's up with that .... LOL. Anyway , my thanks again to all those (Melissa, Ian, Mike) who helped pull together to make this event happen.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Although I don't have pics, I'd like to mention some impressive turn-outs at the meet. I'm hoping someone got pics of theses too. First was someone who I believe has come to this event before I think his nic is MX3 24V (Marlon) .... no, not Marlon from Cambridge. Anyway, he had a beautifully pristine factory paint black MX with only 81,000 kms (that's 50,000miles US terms). The engine bay was excellent, the interior was near showroom clean and intact. Things like the fender wells and plastic inserts were near new looking. Everything about this car showed pride of ownership which is quite remakable since he's the original owner of the '95 MX. Very impressive Marlon and it was a pleasure to chat with you.
Second was Gabor's car. What can we say about Gabor? Gabor is Gabor..... well at least i thought so til this weekend. Holy Sh%t. Gabor's sporting another new BPT engine, new bodywork, new rims, and on top of it all, an excellent new paint job. Well done Gabor, very nice facelift and it still goes like stink (fast) .... pitchewww... pitchewwww .... gotta love that sound of the BOV. Nice work Gabor!!!! Also, sorry to hear about Mrspanky's missadventures with his wheel letting go off the spidle while mobile. Glad no-one was hurt and that must have been one hell of a surprise let alone a shocker. Not funny when the wheel lets go and tries to push it's way through the fender. Hope you get mobile again soon. cheers,

BTW, did I say thank you for the pizza???? TY Melissa!!!!
John
coolshyguyhere
BANNED Member

Post by coolshyguyhere »

thanks for the cruise guy i am the guy with the teal coloured MX-3 with the Evo Body kit, i had a good cruise and i am up for another one when you guys plan to have one?? i seen some nice cars on the cruise, gives me alot of ideas , i gt the car going in for body and paint work on the 15th of july so its going to be one stunning MX-3 i cant wait, then i am going to take it to the street sweepers show in Hamilton in august... so when is everyone going to meet up again??? i dont really see many cruises... they have a import car show every sunday night in hamilton down at hutches if some of you guys want to show your rides off with various other rides, its every easy to get to when you get off the QEW at hyw 20, the same parking you where all in when i met you is the parking lot for the car show every sunday night so hopefully i see some of you there... thanks for the great time and hope to see you all soon,, ciao ciao
BANNED FOR TALKING TRASH AND SPAMMING.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

twas good
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

coolshyguyhere wrote: they have a import car show every sunday night in hamilton down at Hutches if some of you guys want to show your rides off with various other rides
We've been using Hutch's off and on for over a year now. To me it's one of my favourites because of all of it's amenities available - food, ice cream, beach, nice cars and bikes, tanned bodies .... ooops, how did that get in there ....LOL. Perhaps one of our Hamilton / Burlington members can call for a meet there some Sunday early evening before summers out and where it won't conflict with any other Sunday event. Since there's no Dark Nights this summer, we'll have to look at something else to stimulate a get together. Hey wouldn't actually going to use the beach there be a novel idea. Sometime in August would probably be a good idea since the water should be warm enough to swim in. And I don't want to hear about the polution or condition of the water either. I used to walk to a beach close to there from my home in Stoney Creek more than 30 years ago and nothing happpened to me right ......don't answer that .... LOL. Anywho, we'll see who wnats to put one together since the big Beach Bash of '05 never really happened last year, maybe it's time to have one now. Anyway, there's plenty of time to let someone take this upon themselves to coordinate. Krish, what are you doing in August?????? LOL. Or for that matter, how about Joe (JWMX3). It may be necessary to touch base with Tom (Precidian) and see if it won't conflict with any of the LAC events so as to give them (David, Brandon and Tom) no excuse not to show .... right guys??? LOL
coolshyguyhere
BANNED Member

Post by coolshyguyhere »

well i am down with ameet they have the water park right near hutches wher they have water silides and stuff like that , and there is barangas on the beach, and hutches, every sunday night there is a import car show there on the beach stip in hamilton i figure if we al get there early where canall go to the water park or take a cruise to port dover and back to make it back for the car show at the night time?? i donno do anyone have any ideas...
BANNED FOR TALKING TRASH AND SPAMMING.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”