Air intake and intakes.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
XHurleyX

Air intake and intakes.

Post by XHurleyX »

I NEED HELP I WANT A AIR INTAKE BUT WHATS THE BEST ONE TO PUT IN AND WILL IT HELP MY CAR OUT. PLEASE HELP IM NEW :(

[ADMIN: topic fixed, keep the capslock key off.]
-Simon-
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I've always found that not using cap locks nets me about 5 extra mpg. My intake only gave me about 1mpg extra and it cost me money, yet not using caps locks was free. You should start that and then we'll go from there.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

hey thanks for your email, we get our intakes on ebay. unfourtentely im not selling mine.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

build your own... i did and it only cost me about $25 + air filter

i orignaly had it a short ram but yesterday added a cold air down pipe to it you just have to find some where (muffler shop) that will bend the pipe for you.

i used a bit of my factory pipe (the 90 bend right before the throttle body) and just got a pipe bent at roughly a 27 degree bend cut a hole in the pipe and inserted a 90degree bend copper pipe welded it on for the lower hose back to the throttle body ( any one know if it would affect the engine if i just put a breather on that pipe instead of it being piped into the intake??) then just get a rubber hose adptor to connect the pipe to the maf then the air filter will just attach to the other side of the maf.

and vola you now have your own custom intake and you paid not even 1/4 of the price that everyone else has paid

Reaper
Greg

P.S. i should have some pic up of mine soon
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Amazing. Not a very good start for a new commer to MX-3.com You were already give some information when you posted this same question in the wrong forum. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#362515 It was also recommended that you do a search since this topic has all but been rehashed all too many times. Reposting your same question within 9 minutes of the other and not taking the advice and direction of other members is not a good way to get started on this BB. The admins have already seen what may appear to be a red flag here.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”