No spark and no fuel and getting frusterated

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bigsy

No spark and no fuel and getting frusterated

Post by bigsy »

Hey

Ok, I have the milenia KLZE(curved neck) installed and I have all the plugs in except the knock sensor and the secondary sensor. The only other mod under the hood is that i replaced the stock airbox with a open cone filter. At the moment we are trying to turn it over and I am not getting any spark (yes i know others are talking about this in some other posts) and the fuel pump isnt starting up either( which i saw mentioned in another post as well). But nothing I have fuond has been able to help me out. If anyone has any suggestions/solutions then please let me know as the ZE swap is starting to frusterate me :? Otherwise I might start by ordering a new distributor, which runs me into another problem, what vehicle would I order a new distributor for?
Thanks
1993 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE install in progress, obx stainless headers. VSX full body kit.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

U can get distys from mx3 626 mx6 ford probe GT's. How do u know ur not getting fuel and spark?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

No Spark during spark test. Plug removed, car turned over , no spark to ground.. Fuel. No sound from fuel pump and no pressure, I am suspect that sensor info is telling the ecu to cut fuel and spark. All sensors have proper plugs, ground and vacum attachments. I have gone over the entire sytem so many times, I am worried I am missing something really simple.

XxantwawnxX wrote:U can get distys from mx3 626 mx6 ford probe GT's. How do u know ur not getting fuel and spark?
1993 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE install in progress, obx stainless headers. VSX full body kit.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

bigsy wrote: I am worried I am missing something really simple.
Well I imagine it's possible that it is simple. Myself and others like you had mentioned already brought it to your attention of the need for those sensors. I think you also answered your own question. Get your knock and coolant sensor issues taken care of and then re-evaluate. I don't think there's any magic answers out there. I won't mention if you've checked all of your fuses, inside the car and under the hood.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Also, next to the ECU, verify the relay is there for your fuel pump.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Custommx3 wrote:Also, next to the ECU, verify the relay is there for your fuel pump.
Checked that, turns out the fuel lines were hooked up backwards and that the timing was so far off the ecu was telling the pump not to start. So now I have fuel, the pump starts and can smell gas and everything, still missing spark though, even tried a distributor from a 96 mx-3. We checked the connections to the distributor and it is receiving all the power and what not for it to deliver spark but there is something telling it not to send spark. So one problem solved and been stumped on this one for a few days now, any suggestions?
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Check to make sure you have your 2 ground wires on the engine, I would go ahead and add a few extras.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Have you installed the knock sensor and second coolant thermosensor yet? If not, anticipate a few more possible problems once you eventually get it started.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
miker12k5

Post by miker12k5 »

And finally ... what was the trouble ??? I'm so interest , my girlfriend's mx3 seem to have the same problem !!! GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I once was told... "take a beer .. relax" because i was tressing SO much with the mx3. Im sure you will find whats wrong with it if you havent yet.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”