possible slim visor groupbuy.. now with prices!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
o0loopy0o

possible slim visor groupbuy.. now with prices!

Post by o0loopy0o »

hey guys ive talked to garry at sinnovations2.com and he said if there is intrest there could be another group buy. anyone interested? :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by o0loopy0o on June 28th, 2006, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Are you willing to be the coordinator/frontman for a potential Group Buy? Have you read the thread on Group Buy procedures? You may get a better response once you've discussed prices with Jeff and the vender, then give an approximate price range based on volume sold.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

interested, based on price and conditions
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
rece

Post by rece »

i am interested if the price ie reasonable
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Focal

Post by Focal »

i am also interested if pirce is good.
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

i will get back to you guys on the price, i was thinking also of seeing if they can fix the back part to stop water run in. :P
rayrrod

FIRST fix the design

Post by rayrrod »

I have 2 of the orginal slim visors from the first group buy
MY TAKE: IT plain sucks big time
whomever did the designng does not know much about designing. All he wanted to do was make money.
thats my opinion.
It has to be redesigned.
It does not follow the cars / windows contour, thereby letting water in, when you lower you windows about an inch.
Thats the purpose of the visors, so you can lower ur windows , let the hot air out in the summer but still protect so rain water will not get in if it rains.

IT WOULD NOT TAKE MUCH TO FIX .
WUD HAVE TO MAKE THEM A BIT WIDER, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.
AGAIN MY OPINION
ninjajim4

Re: FIRST fix the design

Post by ninjajim4 »

rayrrod wrote: It does not follow the cars / windows contour, thereby letting water in, when you lower you windows about an inch.
Thats the purpose of the visors, so you can lower ur windows , let the hot air out in the summer but still protect so rain water will not get in if it rains.
i have the new version 2, and it's the same. you can put your window down, but definitely not a lot, due to the contour. in fairness tho.. it's a tradeoff. i doubt they would look very good if htey were 100% functional.
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

interested
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

i asked them for price info and to see if they could fix the water leak prob.
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

Highly interested based upon price
PM me with more info!

-Chris
1994 RS DOHC, Modified Cold Air Intake, Clear Corners all around, Black Altezza Tail lights. Blue cold cathodes in driver / passenger foot areas. Lowerd on Evotion Springs (1.75 drop F/R) with KYB GR2 struts. Sitting on 17x7 (40 mm offset) 5 Spoke rims with KUHMO 205/40/R17 Tires.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807557
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

I just got word back from them and thsy said :

" For a group of 5 or more, we can do each set for $75CDN.

To make them wider isnt easy, and it will change manufacturing costs as well. So unfortunately we cannot commit the time or resources to making design changes. "

So if 5 people are down pm me and ill move this to a GB forum

(and of course 3% to mx-3.com)
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

well I don't see the purpose behind buying them if they don't work correct, sounds like a kick in the head would be a better waste of money.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
GMGQ

Slim Visors

Post by GMGQ »

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest in MX-3 Slim Visors. I just wanted to make a few points so that you guys will hopefully see our side of the situation.

The driving force behind the design of Slim Visors, which were originally created for Integras and Civic, was to create window visors which were a SLEEK looking alternative to the traditional BUBBLED out window vents you see out there.

Functionally, Slim Visors allow you to get additional shade from the sun on those sunny days. For those rainy days, Slim Visors allow you to open your windows a little bit for ventilation. But obviously with something that basically sits flat against your door/window, you give up the extra distance from the window that's required to allow rain to roll off of. But you can still open your window slightly to allow venting during those rainy days.

Having said that, we had looked at designing the 2nd generation of MX-3 Slim Visors to be wider in the front. But I guarantee you guys that it looked like crap. The front/bottom part was basically wider than the top/end part. Functional or not, nobody was going to buy something that looked like that. Another reason we didnt go through with that design, was because it blocks your view of the side mirrors. If it was too wide in the front, it covers part of your view of the side mirrors. This was very important. We wanted the visors to be SAFE. Especially since the material is opaque. With something that obvious, you run the risk of getting pulled over as well.

I know I am biased, but I dont think the rain issue is that big of a deal. If you didnt have any slim visors, you wouldnt even be able to open your windows at all when it rains. Everyone knows how stuffy a car can get while it's raining outside. So at least with these slim visors, you can get additional ventilation. And when you're driving, quite a bit of wind gets inside the car, even when you open your window a crack. Better than nothing, right?

Unfortunately it's really not that easy for us to go back to the drawing board. We dont do this in a little garage out back. We've spent time making CAD designs and working with a manufacturering plant to cut them to spec. All that takes time and money. Even making a new batch, we require a minimum order to make it worth it to contact the manufacturing plant to load up our specs (we lose money if we get them to make 1 or 2 sets).

So hopefully you guys can understand why we designed the MX-3 Slim Visors the way they are. When you try to design an alternative to another product, it's a give and take decision. It's your choice which ones to put on your car.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Why not copy the OEM ones. I've had mine on for over 11 years and they've been great. I can put the window down a couple of inches when I have a smoke and never get rain coming in at all. Don't understand why one would want to copy another makes visors if they're not a better fit than the OEM ones. Why not duplicated the oem ones instead.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Appearance”