having a problem installing a head unit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
diogo84

having a problem installing a head unit

Post by diogo84 »

i swapped a 96 dash into a 92 and i was wondering that if missing a ground wire would have something to do with not getting any power to my head unit
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

it can cause a problem

one question first where did you ground your deck to you have to run a ground wire to the frame beacuse our cars never had a ground in the harness

now if you did run a wire to ground check your harness to see if your getting power to your harness in off postion (yellow 12vdc) and in acc (red 12vdc) if your getting no power in off at the yellow check your fuses if your room , cig, or instrument fuse isz gone thats your problem if, not then you have have to rewire your car by finding a acc wire and a constant (all can be found at the inigition harness)

Reaper
Greg
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”