Experts I need your help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
yiorta

Experts I need your help

Post by yiorta »

Hi, I have a problem with my idle but only after I engage electrical loads. So I did some measurements which I find strange but can't tell if are worthy:

1. I measured the voltage between battery (-) and the machine head. Well at idle with no loads i saw 50mV. Then I engaged big scale lights, heated glass, ac... and the voltage was 250mV. Is this supposed to happen or I have problems with grounds and/or alternator?

2. I checked for continuity at the two points we short for retreiving codes, set the AAS etc (in the diagnostic plug) and the buzzer was on, indicating continuity. I think this might be a problem!!!

Thanks.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

1. Take (+) lead on multimeter and touch to (+) positive terminal on battery. Then touch the other lead to the engine's head. You should get battery voltage. If it's different then battery voltage u may have a problem. I really don't know why you got 50mv unless your mutlimeter is a really cheap one and you have some bleed through.

2. I have no idea why you are testing this.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
yiorta

Post by yiorta »

Typhoonk wrote:1. Take (+) lead on multimeter and touch to (+) positive terminal on battery. Then touch the other lead to the engine's head. You should get battery voltage. If it's different then battery voltage u may have a problem. I really don't know why you got 50mv unless your mutlimeter is a really cheap one and you have some bleed through.

2. I have no idea why you are testing this.
1. I will try this. But the voltage change may mean something?

2. I tried this for fun. But I find it strange. This indicates a short circuit! Wtf?

Thanks Typhoonk.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”