mazda logo...new or old??

Other - General Mazda Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

rsroadkilla wrote:the new one definitly! I think the old one looks too much like some sort of asian religious symbol of some sort! :?
That's why I like the old one or even the old J-Spec ones. A logo for a car that's set apart from the rest of the Mazda's - a fiiting thing I would say, since alot of us feel set apart from the rest of the tuner world by owning an MX3 in the first place and not a Honda or Nissan or Toyota or an Acura.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I'm not big on having a giant letter of the alphabet slapped on my car. I love my emblem simply because no one around here has it (or knows what it is).
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

the old one rocks... the car just looks weird without the logo on the hood aha.. i duno thats just me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I'm not big on having a giant letter of the alphabet slapped on my car. I love my emblem simply because no one around here has it (or knows what it is).
Which one you got?

What giant letter are you referring to? The weirdo "O", the Eunos "V" or the Multiple Sclerosis one?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Grants wrote:Multiple Sclerosis
:lol:

The Eunos V in the picture is the one I have on my car. I don't like the new mazda logo, that giant M. I like the mazda speed one too since it is pretty rare.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

How long do you go without seeing another car with the Eunos logo? How'd you get it anyway? Must be a story behind that! :D
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Re: mazda logo...new or old??

Post by MX-3.com »

relisys_3200 wrote:Just curious as to which mazda logo you people like the best....new or old?
Im leaning more towards the old....
Why didn't you make this a poll. I wish more people would create polls on this site as opposed to just asking a question and waiting for replies.....
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Grants wrote:How long do you go without seeing another car with the Eunos logo? How'd you get it anyway? Must be a story behind that! :D
The Emblem was on my parts car and I swapped the hood. I live in the States, MX3's are pretty common, but I've never seen another car with my emblem. It's also strange since it's red, all the eunos emblems i've seen are blue (but then again i've only seen a few pictures).
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

My Favorite emblem is the VERY First one Mazda had...

8)
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Well, i like the old SYMBOL* but to keep up wit da present mazda sign, i hav the MAZDA WinGs on the front hood
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
illapino

Post by illapino »

so here's a new question: how do I replace the stock emblem of my 92 precidia with the new one?

please. i drool over the thought of knowing 8)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

you..take off the old one, and then..put on a new one! HEYyyy how bout that.

Yeah i like the old one, as its not just an M. Well, actually, the new one isn't just an M either.

"The Mazda logo is more than just a stylised tulip. Developed by Rei Yoshimara, a world-renowned corporate image-maker, the 'V' represents outstretched wings, and - in Mazda's words - 'The creativity, the sense of mission, the gentleness and flexibility that are Mazda.' Never knew there was so much in it."

Some of the symboles are fairly tricky tho, like the toyota for instance. If you look REALLY close, you can make out all the letters of the word TOYOTA. Regardless of weather or not they intended this, it's kidna cool.

I think the one of the most intresting is BMW, very thoughtfull indeed.

"The BMW roundel is a stylised, rotating airscrew - the blue representing the sky. That's right - Bayerische Motoren Werke built military aero engines for the planes that bombed the factories that they now own. It's a funny old world."

check out http://gawlowski.com/matt/cars/car_logos.html for more
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
illapino

Post by illapino »

oh so i guess i'm dumb

take the old one off and put the new one on.
okay. no screws? okay so i'll just glue it on.
Julz

Post by Julz »

neutral wrote:Newer one is a good design but I like the older ones cause they've been out-of-use long enough that most ppl don't know anymore that it's a Mazda Logo.
Ditto! Old (the triangle) because no one knows what it is... Got a parking ticket at school one year. Rent-a-cop thought it was a suzuki, Professor thought it was a Porsche.

No emblems on the back, just the old triangle on the front.
AAAAaaannnnddd Action!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

illapino wrote:oh so i guess i'm dumb

take the old one off and put the new one on.
okay. no screws? okay so i'll just glue it on.
Do you see any screws? Haha..go outside and look at your car before you ask. Now i'm not to sure about if it's a direct fit or not, you might need to make different holes. But i beleive you just aply some adheasive and pop it in.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “General Mazda”