How much to do a engine swap??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Darbee

How much to do a engine swap??

Post by Darbee »

I'm looking forward to do my engine swap ! <P>I have a few questions, how much is the entire project if a auto shop to do it?<P>What parts do I have to buy? <P>Is it illegal to do that even if i blown the engine ?<P>thankz in advance
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
MX394RSR_JMCB

Re: How much to do a engine swap??

Post by MX394RSR_JMCB »

Engine swaps are NOT illegal at least not in Quebec!<P>Engine swaps of course vary with the engine you but in your mx3...it all depends, figure normally at least $1000-1200, to for example but a 1.8L protege dohc i an mx3, if you plan on putting a v6 in your 4-cyl, forget it....your better off buying the GS...+ you'll get rear disk brakes, more options, stock 15' alloys, better stock handling and a bunch of accesories! Someone that i know of dropped a tiburon engine in an accent, it cost him around $2700 engine included, he did work for a speed shop though!!! His car no beats the hell outa, VR6's and even 5.0s...no kidding!!!<BR>-he kept the accent tranny(short gear ratios!!!)<P>anyways gope it helped you out...GOOD LUCK!
Jean-Michel Basque
MX394RSR_JMCB

Post by MX394RSR_JMCB »

If you really wanna spend the money to put a v-6 in your 4-cyl mx3....its possible..just tell yourself that a company sells a V8 5.0 H.O. powered miata!!! I think its called the MONSTER MIATA <P>anyhow...
Jean-Michel Basque
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

I have the GS model now, it's a 94 with 15' alloy, everything is fine with my car, I'm just too tired of the lack of power when encountered with Preludes and Integras, I wanna drop a 2.5 L from a MX-6 or even from the Millania miller cycle. Or the Famous KL_ZE engine.<P>I'm in Vancouver area as well, I'm not sure if the stores here know how to swap a mazda V6. I've prepared about $3000 Canadian for the swap, but don't know if it is enough ? Thankz anyways. I"ll check back soon to see if anyone can give me another piece of advice ! thankz
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”