Saturday June 10th meet / possible install day, BBQ

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
relisys_3200

Saturday June 10th meet / possible install day, BBQ

Post by relisys_3200 »

PART 1
We are having a BIG multi-club meet in London on the 10th. It's at 6pm at our blockbuster meet spot. I will give exact directions sometime during the week. This has literally been posted on about 20+ automotive boards, so it should be good and big. Would be nice to see some of you again, its been a while.

http://www.londonautoclub.org/web_forum ... sc&start=0

PART 2
This same day (june 10th) I am "possibly" having an install day. Reason for it only being a possibility is because I am still waiting on my timing kit in the mail, so there is a chance I'm not going to get it in time. BUT if i do get it, there will be an install day/BBQ/beer drinking that will start in the morning, then we can all cruise down to the meet spot together later that afternoon. There will be 5 or 6 mx's here already so if it happens it should be good.

I will post again when things are more confirmed
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Ok Brandon, so what you're saying is this would be a perfect venue to have a few extra hands turning some wrenches to to do the install? Is this just a timing belt install? I guess that means to bring my toolbox and coveralls?? Any special tools needed? Timing light, torque wrench, compression tester, test equipment stuff etc? This might be an OK event for me as I see it so far. It's been many years since I've been to my old stomping grounds in London (74-80). I imagine Tom and David will be there also?? I'll keep checkin this thread for updates. Perhaps the Toronto gang can break out of there own area code for a change and venture down the 401 for this.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

jschrauwen wrote:Ok Brandon, so what you're saying is this would be a perfect venue to have a few extra hands turning some wrenches to to do the install? Is this just a timing belt install? I guess that means to bring my toolbox and coveralls?? Any special tools needed? Timing light, torque wrench, compression tester, test equipment stuff etc? This might be an OK event for me as I see it so far. It's been many years since I've been to my old stomping grounds in London (74-80). I imagine Tom and David will be there also?? I'll keep checkin this thread for updates. Perhaps the Toronto gang can break out of there own area code for a change and venture down the 401 for this.
lol, no no.....if all you guys do is come eat and drink beer thats cool. Joe (JWMX3) and I will be taking care of my timing belt/tensioner/water pump. I'm saying install day just because if anyone has anything thing that needs done that isnt to major, there will be an abundance of expert knowledge there so it would be a good chance for anyone to get some help. I know their doing a headliner/ interior and suspension work etc. so there will be others working on their cars. And yes, you would be correct, Dave and Tom will be there and a few other London mx's. If I dont get the kit in time and the install day doesnt happen, the big meet is still taking place, and the same people will be attending that. So we can have a BBQ that day anyways and then all rolll in to the meet together.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Hey outstanding Brandon. Would love to see the headliner project in progress myself since I've got to get my lazy a-- around to doing mine also. You didn't mention if you would like some peeps to bring some specialty tools like I mentioned earlier. I'm happy to do so if it's a go for me to attend. This could be a very late nighter for me since it's about a 3.5 hr drive.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i might b interested....i can't make it to the install day/bbq cuz i'll b at the georgetown highland games, but i'll see what i can do about making it to the meet (hopefully i'll b able to change outta my kilt b4 i get there)

the link you provided requires a login to go directly, where on the site is the thread located so we can browse to it?
also, do you have directions and/or address to this paticular blockbuster?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Deimos wrote: do you have directions and/or address to this paticular blockbuster?
That would be helpfull for those that don't wish to register on the LAC Site.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... 20Stations

here are the directions from the Flying J (which is Highbury exit 189) Then follow north as per the map. For the people who want the specific directions, the address of the blockbuster is 1703 Richmond Street. Its actually a big plaza and its right on the corner, so you wont miss it. I will post the directions to the install and/or BBQ place as time gets closer and I know for sure.

What will happen for the meet is we all meet there around 6, and then talk, b.s., blah, blah, until around 9ish, then everyone gets in their cars and we all go for a large cruise right down Richmond (main street going downtown) and end up at a big Canadian Tire parking lot. Where we stop and have another little meet. This is in the south end, so from there I can show you guys where to get to the 401 to head home.

John, I don't think we are going to need any more special tools. We should have everything we need, but I will post back if I think of anything. And you could always bring something you think will be useful. lol
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

jschrauwen wrote:I've got to get my lazy a--
You mean you haven't yet :laugh:

DEB :wink:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:I've got to get my lazy a--
You mean you haven't yet :laugh:
DEB :wink:
:shock: I mean... :oops: Deborah?!?!?!

Posted info on multi-club meet on Whitby's Team Slipstream (TSS) BB. I suggested a road-ride/cruise to London but not sure how it will go over.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I am really trying not to be angryyyyyy here .......................

I HATE DEBORAH ..... DEB OR RAH :rant2: :rant2:

hi Johnny :mrgreen:

DEB <------- ME NAME
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

loook at them bicker lol

If there is a cruise down to London I'd join into that!
ImageImageImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kp2t wrote:loook at them bicker lol
If there is a cruise down to London I'd join into that!
Good to hear Krish.

Brandon, bud, we need an update here as to whether you're install day stuff is going to happen or not. I've posted info regarding Multi-Club meet in TSS (Team SlipStream).
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

yeeesss i got my kit today.....the install day is a go, I picked up the rest of my parts and we're set. Now, Im getting ready for my install around 9am, but i dont really expect anyone else to be here that early, so you can just roll in when you feel or whatever. I will post back in a couple hours for directions (dont know the exact address of the house lol)
I also got some food and beer :D
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Brandon, I'll need directions to your place as well as a phone number that you can be reached at. Krish if you see this in the morning, give me a call and perhaps you and I can hook up and ride down together. Home and cell phone numbers are in the Contact List thread
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Address is 654 Kildare Rd. London Ontario, N6H 3J2
phone number to contact if lost is
519- 670-0856
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”