Volt readings - Slow starts to no starts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JYOUNYA1

Volt readings - Slow starts to no starts

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

ok a couple of days ago my car would have a rough time starting...it would have a slow start, then I would disconnect the terminals knock some corrosion off, reconnect ,and for the rest of the day it would start fine. Then the next morning slow start, and the same outcome...only today...no start. I Thoroughly cleaned and sanded the terminals...when I trie4d to start the car it turned real slow then it started ticking until I stopped turning the ignition, Finally I jump started it and I am letting it run for a while to charge the battery...could it be the corrosion draining the battery or could the battery be going bad?I need some help please thanks...

~Jay
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Check 2 things: Make sure your batterey is holding a charge. And make sure your alternator is working properly.

That sounds like the problem to me.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”