Vibrations on left turn

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Vibrations on left turn

Post by schuttie2002 »

Whenever I turn to the left, above 5mph, theres a rapid vibration that I feel in the steering wheel. Its coming from the passenger side. The noise also occurs when I shift, or if Im hitting the gas real hard above 4k. My theory is basically when extra weight is shifted to that side it makes noise. Anyone have any idea what this could be.

I have an idea, but imput may be helpful. I just replaced the ball joint and that wasn't the problem. The endlinks are new with the poly U C.A. bushings about 3 months ago. I have a tie rod end on the way because the boot was a little beat up, however Im not so sure thats the problem.

I just replaced the intermediate shaft, because of another issue. Could that bearing be the problem on left turns?
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

You need a passenger side axle
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I was afraid that would be the reply I'd get. I just got this one, and it literally has zero miles on it, but it just seemed like the axle is the prob.

I have a tie rod end on the way like I said, and I also have to press in my wheel bearings, and if its still there, I will then redo the axle.

I think I may get mazda axles this time
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Mazda no longer makes them for the Mx-3. I suppose you might find a dealer that has one laying around if you are crazy lucky but your best bet is to buy from Auto Zone and get a lifetime warantee. Even if you have to replace it every 6 months at least its free.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I've been using advance auto axles, I just figured new would solve all the lil probs.

I replaced the tie rod end tonight and it didnt fix the problem.

Now the vibration happens on left and right turns though. Im picking up that axle tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the problems. I've read about them being too short, maybe thats whats going on with me

Also, anyone know a place to get a new or close to new, or even remanufactured intermediate shaft
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

I'm having pretty much this exact same problem. But mine seems to go away sometimes in warmer weather. I replaced my axle a while back and it helped for a while, but it came back. Please report on what you find out. It's starting to bother me :)
-Eric
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Have your wheel bearings checked.

I replaced one of my axles and my balljoints and my issue went away. I checked my wheel bearings too, but mine were fine.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I replaced the axle and some of the problem went away. I can now turn left, accel and decel with no issues, but its still vibrating in right turns now. It actually was doing that a while ago before I had a whole bunch of other issues, so Im going to try the wheel bearings some time and see how that goes. I already have them, but now that I can finally drive my car for the 1st time in a month, I'm hesitant to start another project right away.

I have a quick question that could be the reason for my problems. When I put the passenger axle on the intermediate shaft, it seems like its on all the way, but i can move the then female end of passenger axle in and out about an inch while on the intermediate shaft. I put a new c clip on the intermediate shaft and still have the same problem. Is this a problem, or is that normal? I'd still have to use a hammer to remove the whole axle, but it does move a little pit when it seems like its all the way in.
Matt

Post by Matt »

wheel bearings would wear them out

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”