A/C compressors

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJester187

A/C compressors

Post by DJester187 »

Is there any difference between the A/C compressor in a 4 cyl, as opposed to a 6 cyl?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I don't think so. I had a ton of them and they all looked the same and were all marked with the same stampings. The parts manual does not have a distinction either.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

I thgouth there was a difference between them??? Anyone else have feedback on this?

Thanks,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

I've stumped Pat and MX!?! :shock:
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Pft, it was a stupid question to being with.... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Call a parts place and ask them to check the part numbers for you on both. That will give a 5 minute definate answer.
There!! Happy?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Piss...
Looks like I was wrong. They are different part numbers and VERY different prices.
At least I DID answer the question.
Wonder why the electronic parts manual doesn't have a difference?
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

Thanks PAT for going that extra mile! :) My last comment wasn't mean't to be sarcastic, just in case you took it as such.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”