Still having alignment problems

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
slimmyslim1420

Still having alignment problems

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Ok I installed my zx-2 tokiko's and eibach kit I went to get an alignment. Now the weird part is the front drivers side camber was out almost 4 while the passenger side was still within spec. So we instaled an alignment bolt on the drivers side and got it down to about 2.8. So today I took it back cause he wanted to turn the strut to get that extra 1 but now it has some vibration/bumping at highway speed and it is still only around 1.7, so its not really in spec. Also on the rear you can see that my toe is out a little and the tires lean in, but the guy told me I want a little toe since the camber is still off is this true? It looks like there may be some wear around the outter edge of the rear tires but I did drive it some before it was fixed. So is it bad to have some toe in? If this dosen't sound right to you guys I am going to a different shop. But I don't know what to do about the camber on the drivers side front. How much offset can you get with the MOOG alignment kit. (the toe is within factory spec)
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

How long did you wait? You're supposed to wait for the springs to settle after a couple weeks of driving first.

I turned my front struts while doing the springs to get the extra .75 degrees + right off the bat. My goal is 1.5 degrees negative camber. I'm OK with a little since I need to be able to autocross.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

lakersfan1 wrote:How long did you wait? You're supposed to wait for the springs to settle after a couple weeks of driving first.

I turned my front struts while doing the springs to get the extra .75 degrees + right off the bat. My goal is 1.5 degrees negative camber. I'm OK with a little since I need to be able to autocross.
How long did I wait before what? If it is the alignment it was only about a week. For the rear toe it was probably out about 9 days. But I don't drive my car much. I have a tranny problem.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I would have waited at least 100 miles of driving on the springs before doing the alignment.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

It should have been there by the time I took it in yesterday and the guy said everything was still where it was set. My biggest question is is it ok to run with some toe in in the rear?
lakersfan1

Re: Still having alignment problems

Post by lakersfan1 »

slimmyslim1420 wrote:How much offset can you get with the MOOG alignment kit. (the toe is within factory spec)
To answer this question, the MOOG kit does +- 1 degree camber from stock.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

mmm are you sure you did everything right? the holes on the top stut mount and lower seat match up? spring is straige? does the nipple face to the outside of the car on the upper strut mount?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

it should face towards the instide of the car, not the outside no?

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Bochek wrote:it should face towards the instide of the car, not the outside no?

Bochek
No. Both the upper perch mount and the strut mount should have the indicators directly lined up over the hub mount bolt holes in normal installation.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”