Megasquirt basics

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Jacbs2007

Megasquirt basics

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I was trying to learn more about megasquirt...and I came across this.

http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mintro.htm#applic

It was very detailed and very helpful at showing me the basics of how it worked and the features it has. If this was posted before, sorry. I just figured I'd put it up for the ppl like me who didn't understand megasquirt fully.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

there was an awesome setup on a Bulk Buy on probetalk. There was even a plug and play option for a bit more $
Deffinately wish there was more info about megasquirt on here. where the best place to buy, whats needed to set up, etc....
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Got mine from that bulkbuy.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

http://www.diyautotune.com is awesome.
The owner is a really good guy.

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

DIYAutotune is where I got my MSII too.

You can either get the fully assembed one or buy the diy kit(you basically solder it together)

Over on mx6.com the guys to talk to about MS tuned for V6 ZE's and DE's is Fastest95PGT or Radar. They have a bulk buy for MS going on.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Megasquirt basics

Post by jschrauwen »

Jacbs2007 wrote:I was trying to learn more about megasquirt...and I came across this.
http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mintro.htm#applic
It was very detailed and very helpful at showing me the basics of how it worked and the features it has. If this was posted before, sorry. I just figured I'd put it up for the ppl like me who didn't understand megasquirt fully. -Curt-
Curt, there is tons and tons of info on MS on it's own website. They even have a Bulliten Board too. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through all of that on that site and there's been multiple posts in here in the last year with info and links for MS. In one way shape or form , all the necessary info that one may need has been posted in here already...it takes time and it's not going to be all located in one conveniant thread....that would be too easy then.
XxantwawnxX wrote:Got mine from that bulkbuy.
Got my Plug n Play MS from the Probetalk Bulk Buy too :2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

if only they had a plug and play for the b6....... :(
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Jacbs2007

Re: Megasquirt basics

Post by Jacbs2007 »

jschrauwen wrote: Curt, there is tons and tons of info on MS on it's own website. They even have a Bulliten Board too. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through all of that on that site and there's been multiple posts in here in the last year with info and links for MS. In one way shape or form , all the necessary info that one may need has been posted in here already...it takes time and it's not going to be all located in one conveniant thread....that would be too easy then.
Yeah since I posted this thread I've done a little more searching around on here and also the megasquirt forum and there is endless amounts of information... When I go turbo in the future, I'm deffinetly going MS.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

dont feel bad im lost myself. the info i read isnt maing good sence to me. Im hoping to be able just to install it for starters, no idea whos going to tune it.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

oh-hell wrote:dont feel bad im lost myself. the info i read isnt maing good sence to me. Im hoping to be able just to install it for starters, no idea whos going to tune it.
I'd focus on the MS info that's available on Probetalk simply because it's all geared toward the KL engine of ours (K8, KLZE, KLDE,KFZE). That way you can skip through all the other superfluous info dealing with over engine applications since it's designed for a multitude of applications. Once installed correctly , using their software from their BulkBuy MS, hooking it up to a laptop to do some datalogging and fine tuning will make the KL engine a much better performer. Real time tuning will be an added bonus.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

Rebel2k4 is selling me his megasquirt and says hes going to download my ze peramiters . Will their be anything else ill be needing? Also arnt all the Ms systems pc ready?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.

Return to “Forced Induction”