Japfest

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

did you spot my mistake.....the filler and fuel filter are both on passenger side......doh !! thats what happens when your drive 3 cars day in day out. Im forever trying to remember which side the indicator stalk is on, in each car !! :D

sounds like your got some top ideas for the mx mate. I was thinking what i could dump to loose some weight and couldnt really think of much.. i thought rear screen and sunroof mechanism but couldnt think of any other major heavy parts
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Yea im with you there, there seems to be no obvious heavy interior parts to remove. It would be nice to loose 60kg to get down to the magic 1000kg.

The rear glass must weigh a fair bit, side perspex windows wont save much more than a Double Cheese burger in weight. Rear seats weigh next to nothing, it would be nice to find some Mazda Concrete blocks added that just unbolt from the rear bumper, but lets face it....there are no real bulky items to be removed in the car.

With seats and interior stripped out you may lose 20kg.......with rear window maybe 10kg saved? spare wheel and jack weighs nothing. The stripped look has grown on me since Jap fest....

I think the best weight reduction has to be no passengers.......shave your chest, wear only boxer shorts and a small amount of hair product and i think you may hit 0-60 0.001 sec faster.

Any actual weight figures of MX stripped interior weight reduction?
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

dont forget to sit on the toilet for half hour b4 you go out for a drive :p

The rear hatch glass on the mx3 costs over £900 to replace!!!! :shock:

I was wiorried when the matey was cutting it out for my car to be resprayed! lol

Strip it strip it!!!!!!!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

and get some lightweight 16's 8)
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

videos from japfest.

how to drive like a arse and ruin a GTO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU_D5Z4BecY

scoobys round track. ( why everyone is taking corner so tight is beyond me ??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I02qmPzN ... gt%20crash
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”