Turbo + Vacuum

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Turbo + Vacuum

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Anyone know of anything you have to change when running turbo around 8 psi ? DOHC b6. I remember reading somthing about the PCV valve, what would you do with that ? and would other vacuum componets be affected like the EGR or anything? any help would be appreasheated.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Baah.. Pcv valve is a one way valve.. it closes under boost.. otherwise the boost would get into your crank and you dont want that. I dont think nuttin needs a changin. Just wack the boost to her and dont worry.. ;)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Thanks! , Oh im going to put some boost on it very soon. just wanna make sure i have everything together and everything i need first.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

NOt sure about the 4banger but the v6 has a PCV (you dont need to change if its working) and it also has crank case vent hoses going to the INTAKE side after the turbo that have no oneway vlave in them, u dont want to put those back in the intake.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

You need to put a 2nd Gen RX-7 Brake Booster Check Valve in your MX-3's Brake Booster vac. line or you will blow the diaphram out of it and your brakes won't work very well. It will also leak boost and blow air on your legs under the dash once it blows the diaphram. Don't use the universal check valves as they aren't strong enough. I've been through all this years ago the hard way.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

where does the brake booster check valve go and what does it look like? what should it cost? what does it do?

Thanks

BPT
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

JWMotorsports wrote:You need to put a 2nd Gen RX-7 Brake Booster Check Valve in your MX-3's Brake Booster vac. line or you will blow the diaphram out of it and your brakes won't work very well. It will also leak boost and blow air on your legs under the dash once it blows the diaphram. Don't use the universal check valves as they aren't strong enough. I've been through all this years ago the hard way.
never gave that much though sincei neverheard about people having probs with it. At what psi does the OEM check valve fail?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Our cars have an in line check valve from the factory. At least my 94 dohc does.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Both mine did too.

nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

anyone have pics?
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

JWMotorsports wrote:You need to put a 2nd Gen RX-7 Brake Booster Check Valve in your MX-3's Brake Booster vac. line or you will blow the diaphram out of it and your brakes won't work very well. It will also leak boost and blow air on your legs under the dash once it blows the diaphram. Don't use the universal check valves as they aren't strong enough. I've been through all this years ago the hard way.
thasts a damb good idea, i was going to swap it out for the V6MX3 check valve. but that would work better. i have changed mine 3 times, everytime its full of oil and really doesent want to work any more, you can only get so far on cleaning it out with carb cleaner.

all the MX3's are equiped with one, what hes saying is they will eventually go out from boost. when they start to go out your brakes feel like a spunge. its really a pain in the A$$.

as far as the PCV valve goes, its a MUST change. the stock PCV will leak soo much oil in your manifold, definatly change it out. you can go look up a Turbo 323 GTX thats what i put on mine and have no problems. it has a stiffer valve system for the turbo. the other think you can do is put a small clear inline fuel filter inbetween your PCV and Manifold, that way you know if your puting oil threw there. its espically leakes if you running the stok Manifold, it will leak on the seccondaries and when the vicks kicks in you will have a nice puddle built up, and you will get a nice burst of blue smoke, its really not all that cool.
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

Would it be wise to pull the 2nd Gen RX-7 Brake Booster Check Valve from a Junkyard one or where can I order this part. Dealership wants $38
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

If you are planning to turbo a v6 should you still get the rx-7 check valve? Also where are the crank case lines at that you were talking about XxantwawnxX?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

ONe comes from the rearbank behind the motor and one comes from near the PCV valve , they connect and go into the stock acordian lookin intake thing.

As the vac pulls the air out of the PCV valve more air comes in through those passages so it stays circualting. theres no check valve in them.

Bochek

Post by Bochek »

well what about this hose (the one thats connected to the CAI with a little bit of blue pipe, no check valve in this line. it goes from the intake tube to the top of the valve cover, right above where it says "16"

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif

Return to “Forced Induction”