KLZE ECU Problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

KLZE ECU Problem

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Ok I ordered the Probinator ECU from Probetalk because I had heard nothing but great reviews about it. When I got it home and put it in the car I'm having nothing but problems. The car was sputtering all over the road, and had almost no acceleration. When I revved the engine it had a lag before the engine actually revved. So I called Probinator and he told me no problem that I could send it back and he'll pay the shipping. :2thumbsup: When the ECU got back to Probinator he sent me an email telling me that the ECU gave him no problems at all. Now today I just tried out my new ECU that he sent me and I'm still having the same exact problems. This is bothering me because I dont know what could possibly be causing the ECU to not work in my car but it works on his car.

We both have Curved Neck KLZEs, and stock JE50 VAFs. The chip was made for this motor and VAF combo. I dont see how it could work great for him and absolutely terrible for me. Even if it was chipped for a straight neck I dont think it would work this badly.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what could be causing this?
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

From what I understand of his re-chips, he's configuring them so it does KLZE fuel maps with the KL02 VAF so Probe guys don't need to get a JE50. Try a KL02 VAF before you return it again.
kanipimp

Post by kanipimp »

Just a quick question. Is it an ECU or EPROM? I know the EPROM's for a K8 ECU and KL ECU are different programs. My EPROM in the K8 was horrible (used MAF and VAF), put it in the KL-07 ECU and it ran smooth with both sensors.
From KL-ZE Strait neck KL31 MX3 to RHD 300zxTT
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Its an Eprom that he configured especially for the K8 ECU and the stock MX-3 VAF. He has the same setup as me and it works perfect in his car.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Do you have another ECU to run on your car and make sure it is the ECU at fault. Or is that the only one you have? Basically can you run your car with something other than the epprom ecu to make sure there is not some other problem in your car?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

The only other ECU I have is the stock K8 ECU and that runs very smooth but seems to be alittle sluggish up to 3500rpm. After 3500 it flies though. With the stock ECU the car runs great with no problems basically.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I ran my ze with the k8 ecu and k8 VAF for yeeears before i finally got MSnS. Never had problems other than slight richness. The richness got alot better when i went to millinia TB and manifold.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Yeah I have the Millenia manifold that came on it and the KL68 TB. It runs good but I heard having a ZE ECU makes it run alot harder though.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Thats really weird man. I had that ECU/EPROM in my car, never had a problem with it. I actually gained about 9 WHP over the KL-36 ECU. So that kinda sucks your having problems with it.

But i was there when Ryan(Probinator) got the ECU from you and he plugged it in his car and it ran perfectly fine...no problems as all.

And my Mx-3 is the test dummy for all the EPROMs for our MX-3's, and i have had KL ECU's, Chipped KL ECU's, K8 ECU, Chipped K8 ECU's and swapped the VAF around...and never had a problem...I hope you find out whats the problem.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Yeah I figured I would ask around the forums because I feel bad sending back another ECU if its something else. I'm gonna keep in touch with him and let him know how it goes.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Slammed you used the ECU I sent back with the stock MX-3 VAF or with a KL VAF?? I'm thinking maybe that could be the problem??
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

im running a emprom chip[ from probinator in a k8 ecu for my klze and its amazing how much more it pulls compared to the actual kl36 jdm ecu!! I dynoed each one a kvr performance in ottawa and gained about 10 hp between them
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Are you running your Eprom with a ProbeGT/MX-6 VAF or with the stock MX-3 VAF?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I ran your ECU with the JE-50 VAF, and just to let you know the car did run with the KL-02 VAF as well but DO NOT USE IT. I believe this to be the reason y i messed up my engine. Thats a whole nother issue in itslef.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”