Japfest

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
Tommy D

Japfest

Post by Tommy D »

Hey Guys, Just wondering how many of you are going to Japfest on 20th May, ill be taking the ZE along, wont have Turbo in by then but there are plenty of sunny days after Japfest.

See you there, I know Gareth is going, if anyone else is see you there, pics are old car has vented bonnet, black rears and black wheels now, Tom :D

ImageImage
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

See you there mate !!.
If anyone is on the look out for me im with the guys from http://www.mx6.com so i surrounded by mx6s !!.
Gate B area CL if that makes sence. Hopefully it will be a good turn out for mx-3s this year and no doubt will post everthing we see.
See you there tom. :D
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

I'l be there in my frechly painted mx3!!!

Look out for me on the teamshock stannd.

Your notice my mx! lol

Come say hello!!!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

Good to meet ya garfy 8)

And Tommy, i never realised that was you when i was talkin to Garfy!!! lol

Good to meet you aswell fella! :P

Have to try and come along to some more of the events. Loved the way I only see 2 mx3's at the whole show!!! :D
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Good to finally see ya mate, and tom, yeah was a good show, got half way there and realised i forgot camera so had to make do with crappy disposable :(
theres a few projects with uk mx-3s going on this year so hopefully we get get them together next year, would be good.
You had a impressive stand mate, and the honda ( was it??) on hydralics was awsome :D
Once i get pics developed i post some up.
Cars looking mean mate, will be a monstor once shes finally complete.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

cheers dude 8)

The stand wasnt really up to much yesterday. Usually we have 4 other cars on the stand which are pretty hot!

Nerxt year your all have to come on the Japshowcarz stand! :)

Good to meet ya mate! :)
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

wont team shock be a bit upset youve left their stand ?
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Yea it was cool meeting you guys........Sadly i have had a slight eye opening in the world of Jap cars........

I want to keep my MX and i love her to bits, but now i have seen S14's in motion i have had a few ideas.....

How much is a low miliage ZE in mint condition worth? Iv had a 3k offer already but im not sure what is reasonable? I also have a deposit on turbo kit, but if anyone is interested in taking it over let me know as deposit i paid is non refundable. Just 2400US left to pay, as 300US deposit has been paid

Dont get me wrong, i will most prob stick with the MX its just im fed up with the expense and hassle of getting it to do what a standard car for 5k will do....hassle of "One offing" all the time, yes there were two at the show but there were 10's of skylines and they were unique. As my new engine is still under warranty im weighing up my options. That Orange S14 got me thinking sadly........Then a trip onto Ebay just put things into perspective on how much we pay to be unique..? hmmm, i dunno

Great looking bay Gareth, nice effort 8)
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

I know how you feel mate, the quest for power is not always cheap and it always crosses my mind whether to just buy a car with loads of bhp as standard. Its always one thing after the other, driveshafts, brakes, exhaust, engine management etc etc.
I was impressed by the 200zx's going round the track and its quite easy to get high bhp figres out of these.
But i love the mx because its a one off, like rsroadkilla said there was only 2 at the show !! :D
Im thinking of getting mine to the 200bhp mark and then stripping it into recaro'd, 2 seater, rollcaged racer.
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

well once ive got mine to the 200bhp mark, complete with brakes, exhaust, maybe some laughing gas i rekon she be worth atleast 4K, think your 3K offer is resonable as it stands.
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Iv been thinking, the side exit exhaust on the S14, how does that stand legaly on UK roads. Iv been looking and it and it would be possible to get one out the side of ours with a bit of cutting and re-welding......

It looked great spitting flames out of the side, if i do stick with the mx i'll do it, but how legal is it?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

All the buses here and a ford fiesta here have side exit exhausts, i think it HAS to exit on the drivers side so its not throwing fumes at the people on the pavement!!
Im not too sure how it would suit the fuel lines as the filler is on the drivers side and the back and the fuel filter ends up on the passengers side front???. Another one would be clearance as your cars quite low.
If you search on the vosa veichle inspectors website, there is a contact number for technical advice line, i spoke to a guy about how my engine would be classified after the engine conversion in regards to the cat.
I think it looks the muts when its moulded and cut into the side skirts on cars ive seen, but not sure if thats possible with the mx side skirts available.
Hope this helps.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

tommy, i hear what ya saying about the s14, but your still going to get problems with the nissan. Plus i expect parts are also a lot more expensive!!

Even things such as a set of disc brkaes.....

I expect if you had say 180brake out of ya mx, you'd keep up with an s14 easily round the track!
My mate in his 1.8 colt running 160 brake kept up with an mr2 turbo on the roads one late night.... <ducks and hides>, just cos the mr poo had to slow down so much for the roundabouts and corners!!!

Stick with the mx!!!!!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

oh and garfy, nah teamshock wont mind. I'l be a great loss, but were all mates! :)
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

My MX keeps with most things on the road.........Although R34 GTR Vspec did pull away from me a few mth ago......Its just a few of my friends have begun the tuning game on Supra TT and Impreza STi's, i was doing ok but now Supra has double de-cat and exhaust and all the sudden its shifting like fcuk.

The side exit im talking about Gareth is actualy out the side of the car, not skirts, i loved it. Ill bring it through rear seat floor as im stripping it all out. Im even getting a perspex window moulded from the glass one to save weight and remove the rear wiper.....can put lil scoops in it then, lol

I think im going to stick with the MX but iv decided im going to need to take it a few steps further than ever......The Turbo is the obvious thing that i am going to do....Pretty simple really, it will shift then.

But since i did Engineering at College i am almost definatley going to drop an engine in the rear in a yr or two cos i cant see me keeping with everyone else unless i seriously do something mad....Lots of peeps slated the idea but iv shown a few other mechanics and they recon its easily possible with some serious strengthening of the rear, ie, framed out etc...That will be awesome, ill just have to be able to disengage the rear engine on the road for tests (i blatently wont) I recon that will give lots of kick, plenty of things to do tho, ill love it..... That conversion will cost 3k easy and lots of time! but will add some serious kick to the lil MX, ill keep you all posted.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”