Bucking Bronco - 92 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Bucking Bronco

Bucking Bronco - 92 MX3 GS

Post by Bucking Bronco »

So here's the story on my MX3.

I purchased it March 29/06 for $200. not running and aware that it's hasn't moved in 2 years. The owner said it had rod knock and 2 days after the first sign of it, it wouldn't start. He could of said anything short of it burst in to flames and I still would have bought it :D

In the owners yard

Half of the interior had been ripped out to remove the stereo and subs in the back Image

After trying to fire the car a few times and the help of some people here I decided the timing was out and boy was it ever. I reset everything and it fired like it had been running the whole time, and then I heard the timing belt tensioner start to knock :) yah I was happy.

I ordered the parts and fixed it. It starts everytime now and didn't even throw any codes :D

Next was the front brakes, new pads, 1 caliper and a brake hardware kit. I am waiting on new front rotors.

On May 8 the car became my daily driver, May 9 the alternator went. I expected this would happen and replaced it on the 10th and added some new ground wires.

I'v also installed part of my stereo and subs and a Clifford alarm

I'll post some new pics once I have the rest of the interior fixed and unplug the sunroof drains so my interior will stay dry
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Cost

Alternator - $ 245.65
Timing Kit - $ 210.11
Tensioner - $ 160.00
Brake Pads- $ 46.09
Hardware Kit - $ 19.05
Caliper - $ 49.80
Belts - $ 40.00
Motor Mount - $ 94.04
Tire Repair $ 5.00
Misc - $ 43.51
Tow - $ 40.00
Car - $ 200.00

Aprox Total - $ 1153.25

Needs

4 Tires
Major tuneup
Motor mounts
Windshield
GC coilovers :D
Love
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

Jumped t-belt and the guy thought it needed an engine! Yet customers always complain about the diagnostic fee, ha ha. Well good for you BB, its nice when it works out that way. Cool! :D
92 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, OBX headers, 2-1/2" exhaust, XL Performance muffler, AASCO Aluminum flywheel,Pheno spacers,APEXi Airflow computer,Eibach springs,Tockico struts, Toyo RA1 205/50ZR15s, B&M short shifter. MS control arm Bushings, SS clutch line, SS brake hoses
illapino

Post by illapino »

Nice! good story... That's the problem. People don't take care of their cars... a few bucks for replacements and you have a supermodel

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”