lookin for some more power

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wuzup1376

lookin for some more power

Post by wuzup1376 »

hey i have a 93 mx-3 1.6l sohc and i was wondering if anybody new where i could get a full cat back exaust and a intake for it or can it even have a intake put on it????
jacob hebert
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

for exhaust go to a muffler shop ask them to enlarge ur piping for 2in maybe even 2 1/4in. 2.5in is to big for the sohc u'll loose power. have then replace from cat on back with an aftermarket exhaust or do it with out the cat. as far as intakes they have them there for the sohc and dohc on ebay they will fit on either model.

see ur from TX don't know where that city is close too. from San Antonio. tip do a search before u ask ?'s alot of these guys where will give BS like DO A SEARCH. just letting u know for next since it seems like ur new. here
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on May 21st, 2006, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

as for exhaust do like me just go to a muffler shop and get a lengh of 2in pipe and make your own and if they do it for cheap take off your rear portion of the exhaust and see if they match the bends for the over axle section

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

hey for my SOHC i bought the monza cat back exhaust and a weapon r intake.... works pretty well and the exhaust fit perfectly...cost me like 300 total
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

no no no no....do NOT go with pacesetter, they heat more than usual and are not that great sounding, ractive toucan makes a catback for us, nice beautiful polished one with a canister style muffler, sounds sick. you can get a cheap cold air intake off ebay, thats what i did, then just upgraded the filter.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”