What to do with color.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

Neil wrote:Image

Candy Apple Red is a very nice color and will get lots of attention and it would probally look really nice on a MX-3.

Sorry i couldnt find a better picture, all the ones on google and yahoo are either poor quality or bad photographs
theres an mx in my city with that colour, looks pretty hot
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

If your stuck on red, I like the candy apple idea. I've seen that teg you posted many times. Looks like ryan's teg. In pictures it looks ok. In person I think the paint looks like s---. You know you can go to crappy tire and get the spray on "flake" look for $10, so having it on your car at all times just makes it look cheap.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

MrMX3 wrote:If your stuck on red, I like the candy apple idea. I've seen that teg you posted many times. Looks like ryan's teg. In pictures it looks ok. In person I think the paint looks like shat. You know you can go to crappy tire and get the spray on "flake" look for $10, so having it on your car at all times just makes it look cheap.
it is ryans teg.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Silver flake is GAY
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
DJ

Post by DJ »

Yeah, those cars look pretty bad. I just had my car re-painted. The paint shop added a VERY small amount of i think sparkle or pearl into the clear coat. The paint looks perfectly normal and you don't notice it AT ALL until the sun hits it directly then you notice a bit of extra sparkle to the paint. I think anything more than that would look really bad. I think he said that they did less than 5% coverage. When the car is done I will take some pictures... but I don't think it will show up in pictures. My car is creek blue mica, it pretty much just makes it look like it has a bit more metallic too it.

I'll try and find out what exactly it is. It's not a flake because you don't see it in the paint. And it's not silver or anything, it goes with the paint, it gives off a bluish sparkle.
I guess it would be considered more of a pearl than flake.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ok well i'll be honest, but flake just...sucks. It's like, chunky paint. I hate it.

What you SHOULD do, is if your gonna spend the money, do a three stage paint...your choices are:

candy
Pearl

I'd go with pearl, because candy is a dye, so when you add more you change the color. Therefore, if you ever get a scratch or a ding, or some rock chips, it will be very hard to fix.

go with pearl, you get a beautifull effect, and it will be fixable because it's not a dye like the candy.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

however if you want all out show the flakes on a sunny day grap lots and lots of attention!!! my bro's fiesta wasn't finished and was offered 3 magazine shoots here's a pic

i know it's over the top but it was built as a show car and nothing else....
when you drive it there are almost accidents every where you go!!!!
DJ

Post by DJ »

oh man, that looks like a bowling ball or like my friend says, a 1970's helmet. My car does NOT look like that... it must of been a pearl he added in.

Return to “Appearance”