HELP BROKEN KEY

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Spotted

HELP BROKEN KEY

Post by Spotted »

I need help getting the rest of my key out of my ignition. What can I go. I can not start the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
:welder:
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Call a locksmith or go to your local parts store and pick up a set of picks or whatever there called, You might spend enough money on the picks to have called a locksmith though :roll:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Seriously, a locksmith is the best idea. Make sure that he will warranty his work not to mess up your ignition. If you mess up the teeth in the tumbler of the lock it will not work anymore and you'll pay our the nose to get a new one and have it replaced. You'll also have teo keys too. One for the doors and one for the ignition= PITA
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yeah i have one for door/ignition. Yay.

Anyway, I have a lock picking set (20 bucks) and it includes a key retreiver.
It will be hard to f--- up the pins, as long as you don't reef on it.

Now you can also make a key retriever. Take a spoke off of a bicycle rim, and grind it down so its flat, and then at the tip, make a one sided arrow head...and your done.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey DO NOT stress yourself...the ign is EASY to remove..simpl,y remove the barrel PULL the key part and it all comes appart .. DO NOT LET THE GOLD TEETH FALL OUT!!! very important.. And simply take out the broken piece. its easy..i wish i would have take pics when i rebuilt my ign switch :( well not rebuilt i sumply disabled the key lock position because it would stay stuck. It still locks well and the thing is so user friendly. Takes around hmm 15 mins. If u need help or detailed instructions message me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

here's a quick easy solution. you go to the hardward store and buy a coping saw blade for a few bucks.

cut it in half, and file down the flat side so it's basically a really thin strip of metal with teeth. you need it thin enough to slide between the ignition and the broken key. obviously you want the teeth of the saw to be pointed back towards your hand like a fishing hook barb. you use the teeth to hook into the notches of the key and pull it out.

i've done it and it works 8)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”