e-RAM

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Amma351

e-RAM

Post by Amma351 »

Well my idea since ever hasfinally hit the market

just go on ebay look for electric supercharger, or go to google andtype e-RAM

its this blower thing that works on dc power to induce air into ur air intake...just before the air filter...

Does anyone have that stuff or has seen it in real life?

Because theygot dyno sheets proving to gain 5-10 hp's...

What do u guys think?
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Ya I looked at those its like 2.1 PSI supercharger that says it can gain like 25 to 40 HP gain!! I was thinking about putting this on my K8 before I get my klze, then dyno it see if it will kill my motor! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I've seen a few versions around. If I'm not mistaken they were low psi and could only do sustained bursts of around 6 seconds. Hardly seems worth it. A used turbo or sc would probly only cost a little more and would give much much more power.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Even tough they suck..i would want someone to try it..heck buy me one and ill try it LOL I do know they are crap because they cant withstand 2psi constant just for a few secs. Engine sucks more air thatn wh\t they blow.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Get a vaccum cleaner and set to blow!!!! :D :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

I once saw a video where they hooked up a leaf blower to a ford mustang..it pushed like 60 more horses on a dyno .. it was hillarious.. ill see if i can find it :-D

I've been curious if this would work too :)

-Chris
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I posted that one :) i think i found it in probetalk.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cy

Post by Cy »

Get an Electric leafblower and mount it under your hood .. then get a 12v to 120v AC adapter and hardwire in your engine bay...

Also.. hook up the throttle on the blower to your throttle linkage.. or buy a servo and have it connected to the TPS...

your done.. and it only cost about 120 dollars... BTW.. the blower will probably still be under warranty as long as you don't tell them what you used it for...
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

ugh you'd need something with way more vollume of flow then a leafblower, altho i am interested in a electric supercharger, as yoda once said... there are sufficiant technologies out there to do this.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Cy

Post by Cy »

Bochek wrote:ugh you'd need something with way more vollume of flow then a leafblower, altho i am interested in a electric supercharger, as yoda once said... there are sufficiant technologies out there to do this.

Bochek
run the hp spec and l/cyl of our motors through a flowcalc...
a 400cfm blower would give you 4psi low rpm, with 1.0+psi in the high range..

basically AMAZING TORQUE low end with enough power to keep up @ redline...

I'm a crackhead.. i'll do it, i'll make it look stock :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well do it and tell us what happebs.. like i said.. the engine sucks more air than that blower can supply specially at high rpms.. have u ever put ur hand in the filter while reving it up? what about when blower is off...wont it be an obstruction in the air way? still try it and tell us whats up. Post pics and dyno sheet :)
-hec

Cy

Post by Cy »

hgallegos915 wrote:well do it and tell us what happebs.. like i said.. the engine sucks more air than that blower can supply specially at high rpms.. have u ever put ur hand in the filter while reving it up? what about when blower is off...wont it be an obstruction in the air way? still try it and tell us whats up. Post pics and dyno sheet :)
blower won't ever be off... as i said, wired into the Throttle linkage...
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

theres one problem with this... a adverage electric leafblower draws 8-10 amps ac. thats about 80-100 amps at 12vdc

the stock alternator on the v6 is 90 amps.

that leave at most, 10 amps to run everything else that the 4clinders 60 amp alternator has problems keeping up with.

leafblowers are suprizingly innefficiant. if i where you i would try to find a better supply of air.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

UMM,

ther leaf blower was hooked to the wall during the dyno session. and it only gained 10WHP off of the blower. with a bottle of NOS spraying into the intake of the leaf blower it gained 60WHP. BIG DIFFERANCE, than hooking up a leaf blower and getting 60 hp. bottom line they are a waist of money, they dont work. the only one that does is Thomas Knights Electric Supercharger. but the thing only works for like one burst of 6 secconds, it uses like 3 marine batteries and probabgly adds like 300lbs to the cars weight. BIG waist of money there. i rode along with a kid who had a Ebay ESC in his car. honestly i think it took power away from it.

just my 2 cents :)
Cy

Post by Cy »

Josh wrote:UMM,

ther leaf blower was hooked to the wall during the dyno session. and it only gained 10WHP off of the blower. with a bottle of NOS spraying into the intake of the leaf blower it gained 60WHP. BIG DIFFERANCE, than hooking up a leaf blower and getting 60 hp. bottom line they are a waist of money, they dont work. the only one that does is Thomas Knights Electric Supercharger. but the thing only works for like one burst of 6 secconds, it uses like 3 marine batteries and probabgly adds like 300lbs to the cars weight. BIG waist of money there. i rode along with a kid who had a Ebay ESC in his car. honestly i think it took power away from it.

just my 2 cents :)
ebay superchargers don't create boost rather they attempt to create a nuetral manifold pressure

Return to “General Mazda”