Opinions on body kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Imazdanation1

Opinions on body kits

Post by Imazdanation1 »

I am a proud owner of a 1993 MX-3 8) . I was thinking about getting the aggressor front bumper and side skirts, Z3 fenders, Diablo rear bumper, and a carbon fibre hood (not decided on the style of it yet. I was wondering what you guys think about the bodykit i am thinking about and if anyone has a link to a picture of a MX-3 with these already on it? PS or otherwise.

Also i would like to know your guys opinions on what would make a sweet MX-3. Any input would be appreciated.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ah yes. I see you've just started your treck of mx-3 body mods.

You'll learn things soon, like bright colors suck, stickers aren't cool, big wings are rediculouse, and most of all...

the combat/agressor bumper is the alltime most over used yet disliked bumper.

At first everybody alwasy wanted one. Heck, even i wanted one. But with time you'll figure out that there are better. I can see your going for the agressive look, which is fine, but you better have the power to back it up haha..

Look into the pakiphifer (freakin sp?) front, series 2 if you want something thats agressive, or series one. As for sides, pretty much anything that flows nicely...diable back is awsome, keep it.
Now if your looking for a less agressive look, but still tastefull, i'll suggest the mazdaspeed front and sides, with rear mud guards. Very sharp and clean.

Maybe look into some black tails, and projector headlights, shave your door handles, antena, side markers, badges..other than that it's all up to you!

good luck man
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

im gonna throw this out there i would just say whatever you think is nice is nice. To each there own man.
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

Vanished wrote:Look into the pakiphifer (freakin sp?) front, series 2 if you want something thats agressive, or series one. As for sides, pretty much anything that flows nicely...diable back is awsome, keep it.
Now if your looking for a less agressive look, but still tastefull, i'll suggest the mazdaspeed front and sides, with rear mud guards. Very sharp and clean.
Agreed teh Pakfeifer gen 2 one is sweet
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Is the Diablo rear bumper available ? I have seen only the front & sides on ebay ....when I purchased mine I was told that only 4 exists and to this day I have never seen another Mx-3 with Diablo rear :)
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Well i am not sure if the Diablo rear bumper is available or not. The funny thing Greg is before i even knew about these forums i saw your car on your page and that is what inspired me to want the Diablo bumper :lol: if it is still available or they made more than 4 of them i surely want one 8)

As for the agrressor front bumper is there alot of negative feedback on these bumpers? I mean if it is one of those that you love because of the look and hate because it causes more problems than it solves i am sure i could find another bumper to go with on the front. I just wanted that aggressive look on my Mx-3.

Any help that you could give me Greg with the Diablo rear bumper would be greatly appreciated and any feedback on the aggressive front bumper will be noted and taken to heart as i am sure you guys know more about it than i do. Thanks again in advance
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Thanks, I bought my Diablo rear bumper from another member of this forum and was told only 4 were made by a company in California ...however the company no longer exists , but he did tell me there is another black Mx-3 on cardomain with the diablo rear also , I have searched almost all mx-3's listed and still have not found another ....so maybe I have a true rare item :)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

In my opinion, any kit other than the Fishmouth from Erebuni or the Mazdaspeed style are complete R-I-C-E. You might as well put pink flames and a gay pride sticker on the side if you do any other kit, IMO.

Invader style hoods I don't mind because they serve a useful purpose on our cars .... to vent underhood heat. But any hood scoop on our cars is doubly gay. If it's not a functional hood scoop, you're a moron.
Imazdanation1

@lakersfan

Post by Imazdanation1 »

You are intitled to your opinion i guess. I had bought this MX-3 and started to ask the usual engine questions ( was planning on building it to the max or at least to what i could afford to be the max) Then i was hit with the ugly truth that my MX-3 was a 4 cylinder and swapping to a ZE engine would be a pain the :o Well taking that as good as i could i decided to go with the GS model and make it alot easier on myself. Stuck with the MX-3 i got now i thought why not make something for my wife? I mean she isn't interested in racing, all she cares about is how good a car looks. So i decided to go ahead and make her something that she would enjoy. I guess what i am trying to say is i will build my GS and trick out her car. Thankfully we both like the aggressive look and will be trying to go with that as much as possible. So my question to you Lakersfan is why not make something sweet i mean if you are not looking to go with what is lightest and what has a function then why not have fun with one?
lakersfan1

Re: @lakersfan

Post by lakersfan1 »

Imazdanation1 wrote:You are intitled to your opinion i guess.
No, but I'm entitled.

But it's not an opinion. It's a fact. I don't make the ugly rules, I just enforce them.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i wanted the aggrsive look so i modified a drift front valance and extended the bonnet....

Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Honestly, I think the MX-3 is a sexy looking car on its own and bodykits are ugly. The only bumper and skirts I'd put on mine are the Mazdaspeed front and OEM skirts, everything else ruins the nice curves of the car.

I do like the hood rolled over the headlights in the above pic though.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

lakersfan1 wrote:In my opinion, any kit other than the Fishmouth from Erebuni or the Mazdaspeed style are complete R-I-C-E. You might as well put pink flames and a gay pride sticker on the side if you do any other kit, IMO.

Invader style hoods I don't mind because they serve a useful purpose on our cars .... to vent underhood heat. But any hood scoop on our cars is doubly gay. If it's not a functional hood scoop, you're a moron.
i'm not 100 percent sure but if u are talking about the fishmouth body kit that makes the car look like a fish... then that would be quite comparable to the whatever ugly a$$ gen of teh tiburon all bubbly and mad gay.... the fishmouth is not rice nor comparable to pink flames but flat out nasty....
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Well i ordered the Diablo bumper today. So hopefully it is all i wanted it to be. I am still up in the air about what to do with the front and sides. I like the aggressor front bumper but if it is junk i don't want something that easily cracks etc... So i am looking into getting the Pakfeifer gen 2 front and sides. I am still up in the air about the rear spoiler whether or not to put the larger one on or not. I would love to see a PS if someone can make of a MX-3 with the Diablo rear, Aggressor front, Pakfeifer gen 2 sides, and with and without the larger spoiler. I pretty much already know what it looks like with the Pakfeifer gen 2 front and sides :lol: . Thanks again guys/girls in advance for any help/input you have on the subject.\

Keith
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

GregoryChristian wrote:Thanks, I bought my Diablo rear bumper from another member of this forum and was told only 4 were made by a company in California ...however the company no longer exists , but he did tell me there is another black Mx-3 on cardomain with the diablo rear also , I have searched almost all mx-3's listed and still have not found another ....so maybe I have a true rare item :)
Yea the diablo rear is in production and ive seen it before..not on any other mx3's but there are 2 body kit sites i know of that have the diablo rear...only they call it the spyder 2 rear and its at http://www.psiconcepts.com and http://www.ondergrounddesign.com

Return to “Appearance”