New to mazda and MX3, Few general questions

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ho bag

New to mazda and MX3, Few general questions

Post by ho bag »

Well i currently went looking for a fun car (have a 2000 focus zx3 for daily driver) and saw a mazda mx3 gs for 1800 (canadian) that was from alberta, Fully loaded but auto :( Needed 2 front fenders and a bumper but the shell is SPOTLESS interior is like day 1 and it only has 160k on it.

Long story short its now sitting in my driveway!

First things first, swaping to mtx and DE. Still working out the fine details on that though.

I do have a few general about these cars though.

1, Was there a glass sunroof for these cars? i have the metal body coloured moon roof but i want a glass one.

2, What is the average 1/4mil time for de swaped 5spd cars with decent driver?

3, Are there any things i should be on the look out for with this car? any thing that migth be broken or that may casue an issue that i wont notice unless im looking for it?

4, Will i have an issue with putting in an aftermarket deck? it looks like a single din opening to me so i should not have too mouch trouble getting it to fit, just wondering how we secure them in the mx3. Every other car i owed required an aftermarket mouting plate of some kind.

Personally i cant wait till i get the DE and mtx in, Next year will be time for boost, thinking a pair of 13c's but not sure yet.

Oh and the 2nd reason for this post is to help me get to 30 posts so i can start posting wtb adds :)
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
Juans_93_MX3

Re: New to mazda and MX3, Few general questions

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

ho bag wrote:Well i currently went looking for a fun car (have a 2000 focus zx3 for daily driver) and saw a mazda mx3 gs for 1800 (canadian) that was from alberta, Fully loaded but auto :( Needed 2 front fenders and a bumper but the shell is SPOTLESS interior is like day 1 and it only has 160k on it.

Long story short its now sitting in my driveway!

First things first, swaping to mtx and DE. Still working out the fine details on that though.

I do have a few general about these cars though.

1, Was there a glass sunroof for these cars? i have the metal body coloured moon roof but i want a glass one.

2, What is the average 1/4mil time for de swaped 5spd cars with decent driver?

3, Are there any things i should be on the look out for with this car? any thing that migth be broken or that may casue an issue that i wont notice unless im looking for it?

4, Will i have an issue with putting in an aftermarket deck? it looks like a single din opening to me so i should not have too mouch trouble getting it to fit, just wondering how we secure them in the mx3. Every other car i owed required an aftermarket mouting plate of some kind.

Personally i cant wait till i get the DE and mtx in, Next year will be time for boost, thinking a pair of 13c's but not sure yet.

Oh and the 2nd reason for this post is to help me get to 30 posts so i can start posting wtb adds :)
1. I dont think there is a glass one at all

2. 16.8 with a MTX and descent driver on a stock GS
Low 14s on a KLZE swap
Mid 14s on a KLDE swap

3. How many miles does the car have? CV Joints usually go at about 100k miles so does the distributor, timing belt. At about 130k, you should expect to replace the water pump.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

both axels were replaced, not that it matter cause i gotts get new ones for mtx swap

all timing gear and water pump and such were already replaced

I was really hoping for a glass sunroof. maybe another mazda has one i can borrow.
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

actually a stock kl-ze mtx will do an average high 14's with a GOOD driver. with a kl-de probly like mid-low 15's also with a GOOD driver
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

You know i dont understand that, ive seen stock dohc mtx neons 95-99 do a 14.9 run stock!
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

a kl-ze mx3 with mtx is SUPPOSED to do like 14.7 but all ive ever seen is low 15's.. with a good condition ZE and a GOOD driver and traction u can get 14's
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I dont know
Some people have told me low 14s on a KLZE and mid 14s with a KLDE

It is true though, high 14s have been common for a KLZE. But is that with proper ECU/Maf? What about 9lb flywheel? Proper I/M? clutch?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

the ones i have heard about and seen have the proper ecu, vaf, IM. sometimes have basics like cai and exhaust
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”