Need Some Good Advice!!!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mx3grlsikride

Need Some Good Advice!!!

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Ok so I have been goign crazy to find a winter beater and I am cutting it kind of close.....I happened along this mx3 but I am not sure if it is worth it and if it will last me the winter....I need your guy's help in deciding whether or not I should purchase this car.....I attached the info that I know and would appeciate any help so that I dont make a huge mistake...some of you might also be aware of some of the problems that he was having with it. Below is all the information that he provided me with.

1994 Mazda MX3 GS For sale:
- 1.8L V6
- 5 speed
- pw, pl, pm, p/sunroof, ps
- Silver exterior with black hood
- Black/Dark Grey interior with Red and Silver accents
- 218,***km (timing belt, ball joints wheel bearings done within 50,000km)
- Brand New Clutch (about 3500km ago, drives PERFECT!)
- Ravin' Performance Exhaust (sounds nice)
- K&N cone air filter
- Pacesetter Short Shifter (adjustable height and shifter throw)
- Lowered 1.3"
- Summer performance lo-pro tires on stock MX3 5 spoke rims
- Panasonic CD deck with remote
- Wired for system (4 guage wiring for Power and Ground)
- Regular oil changed every 4500-5000km
- Runs and drives excellent
- Very well maintained
- 240000kms on original motor and tranny
- Price is $1800cdn

The car isn't perfect has a few minor problems. First, the front and rear bumpers are both cracked some nothing huge to deal with really. Secondly, the check engine light is ON, but it has been on since I purchased the car over a year ago and never had a problem with it being on. I recently got it checked at Mazda and the crank position sensor needs to be replaced and also one of the 02 sensors was unplugged, so they plugged it back in but are unsure if it is working properly. So it may need to be replaced aswell. It will need a horn and tie rod end to pass safety not sure if anything else. Would be a good car for a beater or for spare parts. If you were really concerned you could just get a fake safety and etest and use it as a beater.

WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Devlin

Post by Devlin »

love it....4 banger show car, v6 winter beater :2thumbsup:
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I'd buy it for sure! I have a Carnk sensor for it if you buy it! I would sell or put some of the mods into your car.
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

for his price, I'de get it.. I talked to him and almost bought his car, but i'm leaning towards a civic...

it looks like a nice little car, I got other pics of it, really big clear pics of it acually, and its in pretty good shape.
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

Deimos wrote:love it....4 banger show car, v6 winter beater :2thumbsup:
4 banger automatic show car at that! if she buys the beater, she will love th v6 power way more!
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

Mad_Medeiros wrote:
Deimos wrote:love it....4 banger show car, v6 winter beater :2thumbsup:
4 banger automatic show car at that! if she buys the beater, she will love th v6 power way more!
your right she might love the v6 power.....until she steps into her corvette haha
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just saw this post from months ago!!!! Im a lil behind!!! Ya I have a 4 banger show car.......but I also have the vette which is my race car! I dont need both in one car! That would be dangerous! :twisted:
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!

Devlin

Post by Devlin »

u still have the vette? thought u ended up getting rid of it cuz it was setting u back too much?
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

hahaha....well technically I did sell it....but I sold it to my dads friend so I still drive it occasionally....I couldnt fully part with her so I made sure I could still use her when I want to :lol:

Car Addict

Post by Car Addict »

looks like a deal, but i got an mx3 with a 2.5L i'll sell for the same price, and a civic for a little more.

peep the link in my sig, all cars for sale except the s14 (i'll take a big loss if i sell it, dumped 2 much into it so i am forced to keep it)

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”