Grinding into R and D

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
mrnhmx3

Grinding into R and D

Post by mrnhmx3 »

Someone might have already asked this and gotten an answer, but I'm lacking on time and patience right now. But anywho.

I have a 92 MX3 GS. Whenever I shift into Reverse or Drive, there is a bad grinding noise. Maybe its the tranny, but it shifts through the gears fine and goes well forward and reverse. Just replaced the Pass. axle because I cracked the steering knuckle type thing replacing the Ball joint. This noise is brand new. Didn't have it at all until I shifted into reverse in my driveway about a little while ago. Didn't make the noise this mornin when i took off for school, or when I left school for home.

If it needs to be replaced, what trannys can I replace it with, or is the MX3 GS trans. unique. Will the MX6 auto fit, or a 626, 323 or whatever?
mrnhmx3

Post by mrnhmx3 »

OK, yeahm the trannys gone. Stopped moving about 400 feet from my unlces house when I drove it over there to put it on the lift. Where can I get an auto transmission cheap, and/or would it be cheaper/better to swap it to manual?
Matt

Post by Matt »

cheapest way is to find a junkyard auto recylcers and get a 5spd

Return to “Transmissions”