Distributor Cap Question.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RacerX

Distributor Cap Question.

Post by RacerX »

Does anyone know what car the 7 plug distributor cap came on for the external coil ? It has a more uniform look than the HEI hack power tower.

Babybluemx3 has his but doesn't know what car it came off. I'd love to switch over but have no idea where to start lol.

Below is a pic of what I mean if you don't know.

1993 MX-3 GS-SE -> Leather Interior, HEI Mod, Blaster 2 coil, NGK spark wires, Cold Air Intake, Underbody kit, Strut bar, Iridium plugs, Phoenix Gold amp 400w, Bazooka 12" sub-> 62,000 miles and still going ? Amazing lol..
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Thats babyblues car i think. And thats a OEM ZE cap me thinks : )

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

I see. But what car or Part # would I look up to buy one ?

* - Indicates whatever.

like 199* - Mazda * V-6.

Or #98-56-958 or *.
1993 MX-3 GS-SE -> Leather Interior, HEI Mod, Blaster 2 coil, NGK spark wires, Cold Air Intake, Underbody kit, Strut bar, Iridium plugs, Phoenix Gold amp 400w, Bazooka 12" sub-> 62,000 miles and still going ? Amazing lol..
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

No idea...i use to have one layign around..but i lost it...: (

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

I would have made mad love to you if you still had it and let me buy it off you lol :P
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Man id be getting smoe mad love then..cause i would of gave it to you for free..cept for shipping. I dont plan on using it. came with the ZE motor.

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Do you know what year/car your ZE came out of ? Or did you get like one of those import specials that has no details ?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Dont know the year of my ze...it might of said it somewhere in all my paperwork..but i do not remember.

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

On the HEI mod am I supposed to remove the bracket that held the stock coil in place or does it have no effect at all ?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I've never seen a ZE that didn't have the 7 plug disty cap. The problem is most of the time the caps get broken during shipment.

I think I have 7 or 8 ZE disty caps on extra ZE distys, but none of the caps are any good.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you're pressing for information on new caps, you're SOL unless you fly to Japan. You can't get them anywhere else.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I had 1 of the 7+ caps survive on all the ZE swaps the guys here in memphis have done.. and it was no good :( the band had no continuity to the coil wire connector. :(
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I have 2 complete KLZE disty's with complete cap/rotor/wire harness. They are sitting in my tool box. If anyone is intersted let me know.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

lakersfan1 wrote:If you're pressing for information on new caps, you're SOL unless you fly to Japan. You can't get them anywhere else.
So it seems lol.
mab

Post by mab »

i have one that came with my ze straight neck tb . but one of the screws is cracked so it looks like crap. where could i get a cap?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”